Sunday, July 1, 2012

Stampin’ Emboss Faux Metal Leaf Card

Still playing around with Faux Metal Leafing… with a bunch more ideas swimming around in my brain, I’ve only just begun to experiment!

Today’s card features the Embossed Faux Metal Leaf created and shared in yesterday’s Super Saturday Tutorial, along with embossed silver faux cheesecloth using the wood-grain stamp set.  I think this embossed pattern will be landing on some of my Christmas Cards too.this picture truly doesn't do the card justice!

Photo doesn’t do it justice, LOL!!  torn edge on basic gray cs creates a shadowy effect

Really not sure what I was going to do with this from the get go… the faux metal leaf embossed image was attached to vellum card stock using multipurpose adhesive, fussy cut around the outer edges and then attached to basic gray card stock and torn.I think this background will end up on a Christmas card or 2

The torn basic gray card stock left a shadowy effect beneath the faux metal leaf image.

Additional layers of basic gray, and whisper white card stock accent the focal image.  I love how the woodgrain stamp became a sparkly silver cheesecloth background for the card don’t you?get well wishes stamped three times across corner banner

Given the size of the faux metal focal point and pretty cheesecloth embossed background, there really was little room left for a sentiment.  Problem solved… the “get well wishes” sentiment from teeny tiny wishes was stamped three times on a 3/4” piece of whisper white card stock, backed with basic gray and draped across the lower right corner!

Tomorrow I’ll begin sharing projects made for the July Design Team challenge for  Splitcoast Stampers and the CreativeCrew!  I hope you’ll stop back by and say hi!

I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin up store for supplies used in today’s….

Stampin’ Emboss Faux Metal Leaf Card

Stamps:  French Foliage WM 120845 / CM 121166, Teeny Tiny Wishes  WM 115370 / CM 127802, Wood-grain WM 117100

Papers:  Whisper White 100730, Basic Gray 121044, Vellum Card Stock 101856, Bashful Blue

Inks: Versa Mark 102283, Basic Gray 126981

Terrific Tools: Heat Tool 129053, Tabletop Cutter 106959, snips 103579, Teflon Sheet

Awesome Accessories:  Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder 109131, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Multipurpose Liquid Glue 110755

Techniques:  Faux Metal, Faux Metal Leaf, Faux Cheesecloth, tearing

Pin It!

4 comments:

Susan Carlson said...

Very creative how you added the sentiment. It works very well : )

Kazza said...

wow this looks great :)
I am now following you from SC and would love you to follow me too. www.kazzasworld.blogspot.com

Robin said...

Very classy looking card. Definitely would make a cool Christmas card.

Kelly Wentling said...

This is cool Sharon! Almost looks like a fossil to me. Now I need to check out yesterday's post.