Friday, July 13, 2012

Polka Dot Parade Beautiful Birthday Card

Have you seen the bright pretty colors in the new Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper Pack?  The double sided DSP has large polka dot circles on one side, and then white polka dots on the reverse.  I really like the white polka dot side best, how about you?DSP and butterfly punch with bling

Today’s card share features the Beautiful Birthday single stamp, and Papillion Parade stamped butterfly with a matching  butterfly punch.decorative label punched birthday and elegant butterflyStamped in Rich Razzleberry ink to match the pretty polka dot parade DSP, the sentiment was punched using the Decorative Label punch.don't you just love th rhinestone jewels and argyle folder?After punching the stamped butterfly image it was attached to the argyle embossed Rich Razzleberry card stock using stampin’ dimensional dots and a little bling was added to the butterfly via rhinestones basic jewels.double loop bow tied on my fingers so easily!Couldn’t help but add a pretty double loop bow with mini glue dots… usually I pinch wider ribbon and add a glue dot to hold the pinch in place but I forgot to do that before attaching the bow on today’s card… stuff happens!  Fortunately, I can still fix the wide organza ribbon showing beneath the bow before mailing this card!

July is my birthday month… and I’ve got a few surprises in store for readers.  First up though is blog candy which was announced in Sunday’s Birthday Month Blog Candy Post.  Have you entered to win?

See you tomorrow with another card share… hope you’ll leave a comment too! 

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my Online Stampin’ Up! Store for Stamps and Supplies Used in Today’s…

Polka Dot Parade Beautiful Birthday Card

Stamps:  Beautiful Birthday, Papillion Potpourri

Papers:  Rich Razzleberry 115316, Whisper White 100730, Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper Pack 126902

Inks:  Rich Razzleberry 126950

Terrific Tools:  Decorative Label Punch 120907, Elegant Butterfly 127526, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439, Argyle Folder 127750

Awesome Accessories:  5/8” Organza Ribbon 114319, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Glue Dots103683, Rhinestones Basic Jewels 119246

Techniques:  Embossing, Punching, Double Loop Bow

Pin It!

4 comments:

Cindy Ware said...

I love everything about this card, AND I loved making it in class! Thanks, Sharon!

Lisawhs808 said...

I think the polka dot paper may be my favorite new DSP. Love your card--the color, sentiment font, bling, and pretty bow.

Lynne Didrikson said...

I love the rich razzleberry and the wonderful new butterfly punch. What a nice card.

ellouise1969 said...

DOTS rock Sharon. So cool and I really love the card. Tick tock til Sept 1 down here....ho hum...so many book marks on thing I love....now to just wait!!!