Monday, July 30, 2012

My Birthday Wish: Peace On Earth, and…

A few weeks ago I hinted at an upcoming event… and today’s the day… LOL, it’s my birthday!  Gosh, where does the time go?  I’m just glad I have lots of time today for stamping!!

Today’s card share is also my birthday wish… Peace on Earth.  This happens to be my most favorite of all Christmas greetings… well, it’s right up there with Merry Christmas and Noel!  The stamped/embossed sentiment on today’s card is from the Greetings of the Season  stamp set, found in the Holiday Mini Catalog on page 6.. right up front!CAS birthday wish for peace by sharon field

Classically crisp colors of Bashful Blue and Whisper White were used along with White Vellum card stock.embossing and sponging with a little bling

After using a powder pal on whisper white card stock, the
“Peace on earth” sentiment was inked with VersaMark and then covered with white embossing powder (aka stampin’ emboss powder). 

I always pre-heat the heat tool for a minute or so… then it’s up to snuff and ready to roll!  It also makes embossing quick and easy with little chance of burning.

After punching with the Extra Large Oval Punch (aka Wide Oval Punch), bashful blue ink and a wedge of a stampin’ sponge were used to re-color the background and thump along the edges to darken the oval punched sentiment.examine the holiday frame embossing folder

The white vellum card stock was embossed using the new holiday frame folder which will be available on August 1st… LOL I recently used this folder at one of my senior stamping sessions and had attached it upside down onto my card front.  More than one person asked me why the embossed oval was called holiday frame…P1140857

Kind of funny, because I had wondered the same thing when I first received the folder…. but disguised cleverly within the embossed surface you will find at least one Christmas tree, several ornaments, holly, and snowflakes!triple loop bow rendition of double loop bow tut

The card was wrapped like a package using what I thought was current ribbon until writing this post… LOL, bashful blue has retired… sadly!!  The triple loop bow was tied in a similar fashion to the double loop bow from my super saturday tutorial and video… created simply by adding a third loop around my fingers!

Thanks for stopping by, I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up! store for supplies used in today’s…

My Birthday Wish:  Peace On Earth, and…

Stamps:  Greetings Of The Season* WM 128030 / CM 128033

Papers:  Whisper White 100730, White Vellum Card Stock 101856, Bashful Blue 105120

Inks:  Versa Mark 102283

Terrific Tools:  Heat Tool 129053, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439, Holiday Frame Embossing Folder* 127820, Extra Large Oval Punch 119859

Accessories:  Multipurpose Liquid Glue 110755, Bashful Blue 1/4” Grosgrain Ribbon (discontinued), Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Rhinestones Basic Jewels 119246, Stampin’ Sponge (wedge) 101610, White Embossing Powder 109132, Glue Dots103683

Techniques:  Big Shot , Embossing, Double Loop Bow, Triple Loop Bow, sponging, punching

* Available August 1st in the Holiday Mini

Pin It!

9 comments:

Annette said...

Firstly, many happy returns Sharon. I hope you have a fabulous day. Secondly, this card is just so elegant. I love the effect of the embossed vellum.

Barbara said...

Happy Birthday! I love this card, but when I checked my catalog, pg. 15 for the More Merry Messages, there is not a' Peace On Earth' in the set. Did you use a different set?

Crystalshope said...

It was so fun to see your message...Happy Birthday! What was fun is that it is my birthday, too! I haven't seen too many people with the same birthday but it is always fun to find out!

Stampin' hugs,
Crystal

ellouise1969 said...

A beautiful card to celebrate with...Happy b'day wishes fm Down Under Sharon! Love the blue/white combo. So v v pretty and classy....just like the b'day gal!! Have a magical and creative day.

Sharon Field said...

Barbara... boy oh boy am I sorry.. it's the Greeting of the Season Stamp set from page 8 of the newest holday mini catalog... late night at work!!

Crystalshope... WOW... I've met a couple people with my birthday but never on my blog... Happy Birthday to YOU too!!! HUGS!!

Lynburros said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday!

Sunshinegirl6 said...

Happiest of birthdays, Sharon! Hope you were able to celebrate in style...you always add so much to my stamping repertoire that is stylish, so I assume you will celebrate your big day the same way!

Terry said...

Happy, happy birthday! I hope you've been having an amazing day. Your card is so soft and pretty. I love it!

Hugs,

Terry

Cindy Ware said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! Hope is was a good one! Love this card. Terry's comment describes it perfectly: soft and pretty.