Thursday, June 28, 2012

Yes… Another Shoe Card and Fabulous You!

LOL…. still haven’t done a monotone Shoe Card using the Fabulous You stamp set, but I’m really going to try soon!  I really do enjoying coloring the doodled shoe image… you just can’t go wrong!

I’ve been stamping and coloring this shoe with various ink colors on both Whisper White and Very Vanilla cardstock and then diligently adding enough color so the background wouldn’t appear SO white or vanilla.  Then it occurred to me that I should be stamping it onto colored card stock!  It was one of those significant “Duh!” moments… truly!pretty soft colors and bold stamping colored with markers

Filled with good intentions, I originally thought I’d use just one or two marker colors and the Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen to add pops of color.  THAT didn’t happen!!white gel pen and marker coloring the fab you shoe

But I did learn that when stamping on colored card stock you need to use a bolder ink color.  Gumball Green really wasn’t dark enough to make the leaves and flowers pop from the Pink Pirouette card stock so I tried again using Wild Wasabi.  Still not strong enough, the final image was stamped using Garden Green ink!pretty double loop bow perfect photo and mini glue dots

I REALLY liked how this bow came out!!  Of course it would be flattened somewhat when placed into the envelope… but it was beautiful when I took the photo!!  The double loop bow was tied on my fingers and of course you ALL know by now that one of the secrets to a perfect pretty bow is to NOT pull and tighten the center too much. 

A couple other tips for pretty double loop bow tying: 

  • Attach the bow to the card front using at least THREE glue dots… one behind the knot, and one on each side of the knot behind the loops and touching both loops at once.  This will prevent your bow from slipping or loosening!
  • Use an instant match or lighter to finish the ends of your tied ribbon bow… this will prevent the ribbon from raveling.

The pretty “happy birthday” sentiment is from the 13 piece “Bring on the Cake” stamp set, and stamped using a Raspberry Ripple new foam pad… love the coverage, don’t you?

See you tomorrow with a new card share… hmm… maybe I’ll use some boring black ink!

Hugs,

Sharon

Stamps and Supplies Used in Today’s…

Yes… Another Shoe Card and Fabulous You Birthday Card

Stamps:  Fabulous You WM 126520/ CM 126522, Bring on the Cake WM 121899 / CM 121958

Papers:  Pink Pirouette 111351, Whisper White 100730, Basic Black 121045

Inks:  Garden Green 102584, In Color 2012-14 Stampin’ Write Markers 126856, Many Marvelous Markers 119806, Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pen 105021

Terrific Tools:  Craft and Ribbon Scissors 108360, Instant Match (non SU), my fingers!

Awesome Accessories:  Gumball Green 3/8” Stitched Satin Ribbon 126848, Mini Glue Dots 103683

Techniques:  Double Loop Bow, coloring with markers

Pin It!

3 comments:

Kelly Wentling said...

Hi Sharon! I like this stamped on the pink paper. Can't go wrong with pink and green color combo. Pretty card!

Karen Potts said...

Love it! Great comb with the ribbon! It really pops!

Lorican said...

Can't wait for my shoe stamp! You do such a lovely job! I wan't to play to!