Monday, June 18, 2012

Summer Silhouettes Get Well Wishes WOW!

Summer Silhouettes along with Teeny Tiny Wishes…today they’re sharing a card front for a cheery bright and happy Get Well card! 

Unfortunately, I’m in need of get well cards lately… my MIL is transitioning in a nursing home after a sharp back pain and leg numbness she experienced right after our DD had a similar incident!  Eerily, the experienced the difficulty on the same day our DD began to feel better/healed!  Please keep Beryl in your prayers, she’s had a pretty tough life!fun get well colorful and bright by sharon field

LOL… my husband first introduced me to his family almost 30 years ago.  Of course he failed to mention I would probably not only meet his parents that weekend, but most of his extended family, including 9 siblings and their spouses!  Good thing he didn’t mention any of that until we had already changed planes and boarded in Atlanta, Georgia!what a difference the new firm foam pads make with solid images!

Pictures sometimes provide a little too much detail… sometimes I catch the boo-boos in the editing phase, and other times I don’t.  LOL.. I took a little short cut and drew in the butterfly antennae instead of stamping them before pop dot mounting the butterfly image from Papillion Potpourri!

LOL. the real reason I am sharing this close up is to show you the magnanimous difference seen when stamping with the new firm foam pads vs. the older felt pads!!  The blooms were stamped using a firm foam primrose petals pad… while the leaves were stamped using wild wasabi classic ink and the older felt pads.  What a difference in coverage achieved with solid image stamps!!argyle folder embossed with pearls and double loop bow

Loving the new stitched grosgrain ribbon, aren’t you?  This daffodil delight ribbon and double loop bow seemed to be just the right pop of color to finish off today’s summer silhouettes get well wishes card!  The basic pearl jewels were added as an afterthought… what do you think?textural and popped elements along with pearl embellishments and bos

The Double Loop Bow, get well wishes sentiment, pearls, embossing and butterfly add fun elements of surprise and dimension to today’s card share.  Complete with a clean and crisp colorful presentation, I think my MIL will like it!

See you tomorrow with another new stamp set and card share!  I look forward to reading your comments!  Thanks in advance for shopping at my online stampin’ up! store!  Every little bit helps me to meet quotas and keep creating new card ideas and free tutorials for you.

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop Stampin’ Up! for supplies used in today’s…

Summer Silhouettes Get Well Wishes Wow! Card

Stamps:  Summer Silhouettes WM 126455, CM 126447, Teeny Tiny Wishes WM115370 / CM 127802, Papillion potpourri WM 123757/CM 123759

Papers:  Gumball Green 126840, Whisper White 100730, Marina Mist 119682

Inks:  midnight muse126860, primrose petals 126858, wild wasabi 126959, in-color 2012-14 stampin’ write markers 126856

Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die cutting machine 113439, Argyle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 127750, Modern Label Punch 119849, Word Window Punch 119857, Paper Snips 103579

Awesome Accessories:  Daffodil Delight 1/4” stitched grosgrain ribbon 126872, basic pearls jewels 119247, stampin dimensionals 104430, White Gel Pen 105021

Techniques:  Fussy Cutting, embossing, die cutting, punching, popping

Pin It!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Another beautiful card, I really like this stamp set and hope it helps your MIL recover quickly. Thanks for sharing and interesting reading about your family

Kelly Wentling said...

Beautiful Sharon! I love the natural garden feel to it and the nice color combo. Wow, huge difference in the stamp pads. Yikes, this is going to be expensive changing out for new ones but looks like that will need to be done. Maybe I'll start with the ones I use most. lol! Your mil will love her card!

Cindy Ware said...

Really pretty card! I love the colors and design!

Kerrssreations said...

VERY NICE! I LOVE YOUR STAMPS CHOICES FOR YOUR CARDS. BESIDES THEIR BEAUTY I LOVE THE DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS. THANKS AGAIN FOR ANOTHER CARD. I WILL KEEP YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS IN MY PRAYERS FOR A QUICK RECOVERY. HANG IN THERE.

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Beautiful card! I've managed to keep Papillon Potpourri off of my wish list/shopping list until this card! Love it lots! Hopefully your mother-in-law begins to feel better soon!!

Jeannie said...

Very pretty card! I hope your MIL feels better ASAP!! Hugs!