Welcome to the June 2nd edition of my Super Saturday Tutorials! Today you’ll learn a really quick and easy way to add stamped fabric embellishments to your cards and scrapbook pages! You’ll also be given a ton of Today’s Tips for Paper Crafters in the fabric embellishment step by step tutorial!
Here is the list Tools and Supplies you will need
- Scrap of fabric. Tips: Cotton, Duck, Linen, Burlap, and canvas are good neutral fabrics which are easy to use. Look for a smooth surface.
- Freezer Paper (found in the grocery store near wax paper and plastic food storage bags). Tip: Reynolds Freezer Paper provides better adhesion, and is a favorite of quilters!
- Fabric and Paper Snips (scissors). Tip: keep your fabric scissors sharp by restricting their use to fabric and ribbon!
- Hot, dry iron and surface pad or ironing board. Tip: A dry iron works best on freezer paper, prevents wrinkling caused when wet.
- Stamps of your choice.
- Ink… Tip: Water soluble ink is archival but not permanent.
- Multipurpose Adhesive
Step By Step Tutorial:
- Get your iron ready… make sure the water chamber is completely empty, and set at the cotton/linen setting.
- Get your fabric ready by ironing to remove any wrinkles.
- Pull horizontal and vertical threads to find the grain of the fabric. Cut a square from the fabric using the grain lines to ensure your project won’t ravel.
- Cut freezer paper the same size, or slightly smaller than the fabric square.
- Place the shiny side of the freezer paper down on the wrong side of the fabric and use a hot iron to press firmly to adhere. TIP: You can easily trim the fabric/freezer paper square using a table top paper trimmer!
- Leaving freezer paper in place, stamp onto right side of fabric (not the freezer paper side). Tip: If using multiple ink colors, begin by stamping using lightest ink color and progressing to darker colors.
- Leave the freezer paper in place and use Multipurpose Adhesive to adhere stamped image to your card or scrapbook page.
Like many of you, I’m so glad the French Foliage stamp set carried over into the new Stampin’ Up! catalog… it’s one of my favorite go-to fall stamp sets!Today’s card featuring a linen fabric stamped focal image features new catalog products: Gumball Green 3/8” Stitched Taffeta Ribbon and Raspberry Ripple card stock.The sentiment is from the Pursuit of Happiness stamp set, which has five creative quips and quotes. LOL, we all laughed when we first read this one!
Everything will be okay in the end. If it isn’t okay, it isn’t the end.
I’ve been experimenting with the new firm foam pads… and actually stamped off twice before stamping onto the Sahara Sand card stock… should have stopped at stamping off once!
I hope you enjoyed today’s quick tutorial, and look forward to reading your comments!
Stamps and Supplies Used in Today’s…
Quick and Easy Fabric Embellishment Trick and Tutorial
Stamps: French Foliage, Pursuit of Happiness
Papers: Comfort Café Designer Series Paper, Sahara Sand, Raspberry Ripple, Soft Suede, Old Olive
Inks: Early Espresso, Raspberry Ripple, Lucky Limeade, Soft Suede
Terrific tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Craft Scissors, Snips
Awesome Accessories: Gumball Green 3/8” Stitched Taffeta Ribbon, Linen Fabric Scrap, Freezer Paper, Iron, ironing board or surface board, Multipurpose Adhesive