Tuesday, June 19, 2012

An Observation Birthday Card and Poppies

Today’s card share features two new product stamp sets from the new Stampin’ Up! catalog.  I’ve used the Pleasant Poppies stamp in cards before…. you can view a colorful one here and a more plain CAS pleasant poppies card here.  It’s such a versatile stamp!

Today’s card also features the small but elegant single stamp set “Beautiful Birthday” punched and added as a sentiment.pleasant poppies along with the beautiful birthday stamp set and brads

The poppies were colored using stampin’ write markers and a blender pen.  The stampin’ write markers are water based… and I usually scribble a little of the marker color onto a glazed tile used as a palette from which I pick up color with my blender pen. coloring with markers and blender pen on newsprint with cherry bossom verbiage

The color dries rather quickly.  Additional color applications intensifies the hue, allowing for depth.  Here, I’ve used primrose petals, summer starfruit and raspberry ripple markers from the 2012-14 in-color collection.A beautiful birthday sentiment is punched and popped onto the surface

The Beautiful Birthday stamped image is just a tad larger than the surface area of the decorative label punch out.  As you can see, it cut off a bit of the swirl from the letter “B”… it doesn’t really bother me though… would that bother you?  The image was stamped using Early Espresso ink, punched and then outlined with the brush tip of a matching marker.

An Observation

A couple evenings ago, I visited a local retail establishment with a friend.  Upon entering, we could hear very loud chatter and raucous laughter booming from the dressing room area.  It was a small establishment and the voices echoed throughout  the store.  We took a few steps into the establishment, and were overwhelmed by the racket, looked at each other and left. 

I’m left wondering what has happened to professionalism in American Business!  I’m wondering if the noisy people were employees, customers or even worse managers of the establishment… but more than anything I wonder how many others have been discouraged by their behavior?  I wanted to scream “indoor voices PLEASE!!!”

My friend and I were totally in shopping mode… but not at that store… not a pleasant experience!!

What would you have done?

See you tomorrow with a new Stampin Queens Challenge, and  I look forward to reading your lovely comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin up store for supplies used in today’s…

An observation, Birthday Card and Poppies

Stamps:  Beautiful Birthday WM 125562, Pleasant Poppies WM 126480, CM 126499

Papers:  First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper 121878, Midnight Muse 126843, Very Vanilla 101650, Raspberry Ripple 126842, Marina Mist 119682

Inks:  In-Color 2012-14 Markers (Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green) 126856, white gel pen 105021, early espresso ink pad 126974

Terrific Tools:  Paper Crimper (non-SU) , Essentials Paper Piercing Pack 126187, Stampin’ Pierce Mat 126199, Piercing Tool 126189, Decorative Label Punch 120907

Awesome Accessories:  Metallic Brads (gold) 1199741, Blender Pens 102845

Techniques:  Crimping, Piercing, Coloring with markers and blender pens

Pin It!

8 comments:

Kelly Wentling said...

Pretty Sharon! I like this new poppy stamp too.

I would have done the same as you and left without saying anything. Who wants to shop with that going on in the background!

Barb S said...

Very nice card. Love that poppie stamp. I would have left too but what bothers me more than that is to go into a restaurant and the noise level is so intense you can't even talk to the people you're trying to enjoy your meal with.
TFS,
Barb S

Shelley said...

Beautiful! Your cards always are. Evrn tho' I rarely comment (arthritic fingers) I love to view your work. I would most likely have investigated the racket to see what was so terribly funny.

MzCookie said...

I love what you've been doing with this stamp set... I'm so glad I bought it.

I would have done the same as you did, walk out but the next day, I would have called
and asked to talk to the manager and explain how much $$ they lost because of the noise. If it was a larger company, I'd be emailing their corporate headquarters. Too many businesses are going under and they don't need what happened to you to be the cause of it. ok, I'm off my soap box... Thanx for sharing your creativity

Carol Parcell said...

Beautiful card! Need to put some ink to my poppies!

As to your observation...........I am very much discouraged by the actions of a lot of people anymore. Manners have gone down the tube with the morality. People do whatever they feel like and nothing is 'wrong' any more. I work in a high school and I see how the teenagers act and a person might think it is just because they are teens, but the trouble is that they are acting out what they see at home. I am concerned! Actually I might have gone to the source of the noise and gave them a 'look', not that it would change anything! LOL!

sandi said...

Love the card!! Left the store without saying anything. They should have had someone out front to help other customers.

Aschmiedekek said...

Where did you get the shoe pattern?

Sharon Field said...

LOL... it's not a shoe pattern, it's a new stamp.. if you scroll to the bottom of the post, after my signature it will give you the item number and a link to my stampin up store where it may be purchased!