Friday, June 1, 2012

Manly Men CCREW0612HF Fathers’ Day Card

Sorry about the delay in this morning’s post!  Today I’m sharing the first of four projects created for the June 2012 Splitcoaststampers CreativeCrew Challenge!

The CCREW0612HF Challenge has a holiday focus:  Fathers’ Day, and a theme based on the lyrics from the Brad Paisley song:  Manly Men!

When you see a deer you see Bambi, and I see antlers up on the wall.  When you see a lake you think picnics, and I see a large mouth up under that log. You're probably thinkin' that you're gonna change me. In some ways well maybe you might. Scrub me down, dress me up, oh but no matter what remember I'm still a guy…

LOL…  I really had to think about the lyrics and how to transform them into a card or project!!CCREW0612HF_Sharon_Field_0610112I decided to go with the art of compromise.  Lord knows we’re different, but somehow we still find a way!  So my challenge card is a view from the inside out… through a window in a cabin or lakeside home.sponged and masked with post it notesLOL… I should have had him walking a dog, there was a line in the lyrics referring to that!drew a stick figure, filled him out and glued dtpI didn’t have an image to use for the man… so I drew a stick figure onto a scrap of whisper white card stock, then filled him out a bit before cutting out and pasting into the framed window.his and hers elements.. burlap, texture and flowersInside the window, we have wallpaper, burlap curtains and flowers… an interior compromise.  LOL, my DH always says he doesn’t care about the décor…. but bring home something he doesn’t like, he has an opinion all of a sudden.  Does your guy do that?

The burlap I’ve used is actually wired ribbon, sold on a spool which I picked up at the local craft store.  I like the wired ribbon as it stays in place when using on cards and wrapping around projects.  I got the language of friendship stamp set free for sale a brationThe blossoms are from the language of friendship stamp set which was part of the Sale-A-Bration 2012 free stamp choices.  I used the retired 5-petal flower punch to created leaves, and downsized them for the smallest bloom.  The flowers were stamped twice and punched using the boho blossom punch to create the layered blooms adorned with basic pearl jewels.

See you tomorrow with a new Super Saturday Tutorial!  Hint:  it’s a fun way to embellish your card… using a new medium!

Beginning today at 12noon MT, you can order from the newest Stampin’ Up! catalog!! Be sure to use the convenience of my online stampin’ up! Store to have your exclusive products delivered to your door!

I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Stamps and supplies used in today’s…

Manly Men CCREW0612HF Fathers’ Day Card:

Stamps:  Lovely As A Tree WM 115026/127793 CM , Delightful Dozen WM 126650/ CM 126652

Papers:  Comfort Café Designer Series Paper Pack 126898, Very Vanilla 100650, Midnight Muse , Old Olive 100702

Inks:  Pool Party ,126982 Lucky Limeade 126984, Old Olive 126953, Tempting Turquoise 126952, Neutrals Marker Set 119703

Terrific Tools: 1-1/4” Square Punch 119865, Stampin’ Pierce Mat 126199, Paper  Piercing Tool 126189, Paper Piercing Pack 126187, Boho Blossom Punch 119858, 5-Petal Flower Punch (retired)

Awesome Accessories:  Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Metallic Brads 119741, Stampin’ Sponge 101610, Basic Pearls Jewels 119247, Post-It-Notes (non-SU), Burlap wired ribbon (non-SU)

Pin It!

1 comment:

Cindy Ware said...

Very clever! I really like this!