Monday, June 25, 2012

Love And Sympathy… And Bling!

Love and Sympathy was one of the first stamp sets I purchased from the new Stampin’ Up! catalog release in June!   And now, here it is… the end of the month and it’s seeing it’s first bit of ink!  LOL… I knew it would be put to good use, but just lacked the time and where with all to stamp with it!

The day finally came… yesterday, when I realized that I hadn’t yet made a card for Monday’s blog post!!  Yikes!  Today’s card combines in-colors and a little silver glimmer paper for pizzazz!silver glimmer paper adds a bit 'o blingSo… where did this color combination come from?  My incredibly messy stamping studio table… LOL some day I need to clean it off, and some day soon… perhaps it will happen this week (I hopeSmile) but we’ll see!

Yesterday I woke before 4am and realized I hadn’t posted my latest creative recipe endeavor:  Puffy Chicken Taco Soup.  So, I quickly put the post together while salivating over the minimal leftovers! 

Unfortunately our microwave oven just died.  Re-heating the soup would have entailed clamoring posts and pans and I didn’t want to wake those still sleeping.  I can still recall the daily clamors my dear departed Mother made in the kitchen way too early in the morning….. and not a fond memory at that since my makeshift bedroom/enclosed porch was right next to the kitchen!remove plastic backing paper before die cutting scalloped borderCutting the silver glimmer paper using the Large Scallop Edgelit and Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine was a little tricky!  I had removed the plasticized paper from the back of the silver glimmer paper but it was still a bit thick.  The die cut had a bit of a jagged edge which was quickly removed and cleaned using a sanding block!attach ribbon knot using glue dots -- two to be sureI am loving gumball green…. I love green anyway, but this particular shade is that of fresh grass (did that put your allergies on alert?)  constrasting ink colors for sentiment and flowerThe sentiment was inked with Raspberry Ripple Ink, and the flower was colored using Primrose Petals and Gumball Green markers.  A medium basic jewel pearl was added to the flower… LOL, not sure it really needed it though!

Yesterday, DH and I went to see a movie… when’s the last time THAT happened, LOL???  There just hasn’t been much we’ve been interested it and I have to admit I was a bit skeptical when I read the “Now Playing” synopsis in the local newspaper! 

The movie, “The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel” sounded a bit strange and somewhat like an movie that was popular a few years back (or was that many years back… LOL!!)  I have to say it was a delightful surprise, entertaining and holding our interest throughout.  Afterwards I did make a point to tell DH that I have NO plans to move to India, LOL… and DD should definitely see the movie before considering such a move!!

See you tomorrow with a new card share…. LOL back to the stamping studio… or should I make that lemon cream pie with ginger snap crust I’ve promised DH for a week Winking smile?

I look forward to reading your kind and sweet comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my Online Stampin’ Up! Store for supplies used in today’s…

Love and Sympathy and Bling CARD

Stamps:  Love and Sympathy WM 122795/ CM 122797

Papers:  Silver Glimmer Paper 124005, Whisper White 100730, Pool Party 122924, Primrose Petals 126841, Crumb Cake 120953

Inks:  Raspberry Ripple 126859, In-Color 2012-14 Stampin Write Markers 126856, Uniball Signo White Gel Pen 105021

Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439, Large Scallop Edgelits 127019

Awesome Accessories:  Gumball Green Stitched Satin Ribbon  126848, Glue Dots 103683, Basic Pearls Jewels 119247, stampin’ dimensionals 104430

Techniques:  Gel Pen Doodling, ribbon knotting, markering dts (direct to stamp)

Pin It!

1 comment:

Emily Niehaus said...

Beautiful card and color combo! I will have a piece of that lemon crime pie, too! That sounds delicious. Lemon anything is so much yummiest in the summer!! :)