Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Long Week, And It’s Only Tuesday!!

It’s been a very long week… and it’s only Tuesday!  How on earth does that happen?  My greatest fear is that since it’s only Tuesday, will this week seem like it has lasted a month?  Gosh, I certainly hope not!! 

It all began on Sunday when we received a phone call from our darling Daughter )DD, who usually comes for Sunday dinner.  She couldn’t make it.  In fact, she couldn’t stand, walk, or sit because of the pain in her lower back.  Alarms in my head went off…those “Mom” alarms.  I reminded her about her father’s herniated disc, and suggested she make a doctor appointment NOW.  All sorts of things were going through my head, it’s a MOM thing… I didn’t get much sleep.

Flash forward… Monday Morning… the telephone rings, the caller is sobbing, it’s DD who is at work and in significant pain.  Now… this kid has the highest pain threshold of any person I’ve ever known, a threshold much higher than my DH (hubby), who is stoic when it comes to pain.  MOM ALARMS!!

So… now I’m doctoring an injured bird, making dinner and thinking about this month’s club meeting.  Somehow, in my mind I fast forward to Tuesday (remember, it’s only Monday?) I begin to panic about food, prepping for my club meeting, etc.… and prepare a feast for club.  LOL, only the club meeting is on WEDNESDAY, not tomorrow!!

LOL, I haven’t even cut for club yet… but I have a whole day left!!  What can I say? It’s been a long week!!cas easy best of everything card for club meeting june 2012

This is one of three cards we’ll be making at this month’s club meeting.  Each card will showcase both new products and new 2012-14 In-Colors.love the new in color firm foam pads, do you?

The birds aren’t new… they’re from ‘the best of everything’ stamp set… but they’re stamped using midnight muse ink and the new firm foam pad!  The ink coverage is awesome!!!  I’m going to have to order all new stamp pads, and I really hate that… Winking smile  well, my budget and sensibilities hate that… it’s going to be a long fight, I can tell!bity banner new product in the catalog

OOOH… this is something new!!  Itty Bitty Banners and Framelits ‘happy birthday’ sentiment… lots of fun!pretty polka dot background and ribbon embellishment

And new stitched grosgrain ribbon is fun too.  LOL, funny story… we (demos) were allowed to pre-order daffodil delight stitched grosgrain ribbon but mine came in totally bleached out white!!  I knew if I called Stampin’ Up! they would promptly send me the correct ribbon… but who cares?  Really, I can use the white ribbon too!

See you tomorrow with another new card share… off to more mom business.  Our kids are supposed to take care of us age when we aren’t they?   Please keep our DD in your prayers, she’s still in a lot of pain and she’s just in her mid 20’s!   I’m so tired!!

Hope you have a wonderful and REALLY short week!!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop online for stamps and Supplies used in today’s…

A Long Week and it’s only Tuesday In Color Card Share

Stamps:   The Best Of Everything WM 125534/ CM 125536, Itty Bitty Banners WM 1126255/ CM 126357

Papers:  Whisper White 100730, Raspberry Ripple 126842, Patio Party 126916

Inks:  Midnight Muse 126860

Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439, Bitty Banners Framelits 129267

Awesome Accessories:  Whisper White Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon 126877

Pin It!

7 comments:

Susan Carlson said...

I hope your DD gets relief from her pain soon! Best of luck preparing for your club. You're a mom, you can do it!!!

Kelly Wentling said...

Prayers for your daughter Sharon! Hope life calms down a tad for you.

Cute card showcasing the new ink pads and colors. I'm almost afraid to use the new pads (do not have those yet) for fear of needing all of them too!

Lisawhs808 said...

I hope everything is OK with your daughter. Make sure she gets to a doctor!

ellouise1969 said...

Oh sharon...I hope ur DD is AOK. Backs are so precious.....make sure tou do the MOM thing and HOUND her to see a doc is the kidest and most tender of Mom ways!!!
The card is cute. Good luck with ur "new pad' project. As for the days flying....add 7 of them together...and a week has flown for heaven's sake. We are in JUNE!!!! Wasn't Chrissy just y'day??? Time is so fleeting!! Take care.

Cheryl Algie said...

Cute card Sharon and I do hope your daughter will get some help for her back . Hugs

Bluegrassdiva66 said...

Sharon, keeping your DD in my prayers. Back issues are so difficult to deal with. Her high pain threshold is often a great blessing, but when it has been breached you know that she is in extreme distress! Do not allow her to put this off! One mom to another, get her to the doctor. Tell your club that you need to take a break, I am sure they will understand, they probably have children also.... Take care and God bless you and yours. ~Deb

Sunshinegirl6 said...

Thinking of you and your daughter...knowing she will get better soon because she's got the best mom ever!