Tut… Tutorial! Sorry for the delay in today’s post… I had worked out the basic engineering of today’s tutorial by late yesterday evening. LOL, if you have ever been to my home in the evening or on a rainy day, you know photography, even with a light box is tricky at best. Hence the delay in today’s Super Saturday Tutorial!
Today’s Tutorial is a fancy fold 3-d card and gift card holder too. Inspired by the new Delicate Designs Embossing Folders and Delicate Doilies Large Sizzlits, I had to make a fancy cake!The outside of the card is embellished with embossing, dazzling diamonds, stitched grosgrain, basic pearls and basic rhinestones jewels along with a congratulatory sentiment.At first opening of the card, a gift card pocket is revealed…A gentle tug on the top of the cake opens the card for fully.Revealing a stamped sentiment between cake layers and…A special place to sign and add your personal greeting!When closed completely, the card fits neatly into a standard A2 Envelope (4-3/8” x 5-5/8”) too!
Ready to make one of your own? Here’s how!!
NOTE: For your convenience, a complete online shopping list of Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Super Saturday tutorial… Fancy Fold Gift Card Cake Card are listed at the end of today’s tutorial for your convenience.
Step by Step Directions for making Fancy Fold Gift Cake Card…
- Cut Basic Gray card stock base 4-1/4” x 9-3/8” and Score at 5-1/2” and 8-1/4”, bone fold on all scored lines (note: shown in regal rose below). Also shown a 2-3/8” scallop punch reduced in size to use as a future cake topper.
- Cut Basic Gray gift card pocket base: 2” x 5” and score at 3/4” and 3”. Turn 90 degrees so that short side is along top rail of simply scored board and score at 1-1/2”. Note: regal rose card stock is shown as I was working with a prototype.
- Fold and bone-fold on all scoring lines, then cut on all solid lines as shown in photo for step 2.
- Cut Very Vanilla card stock 3-1/4” x 8-1/2”. With the long edge along the top rail of simply scored board, score at 1/4”, 3-1/2”, 5”, 7-1/2” and 8”. Turn 90 degrees so that the short side is along the top rail of your simply scored board and score at 1/2” and 3”. Bone fold on all scored lines, cut along all solid lines as shown in photo.
- Mountain/valley fold card stock pieces for card base and cake-pullout (very vanilla). Note: I’m still working with regal rose as the pocket of my prototype at this point.
- Place Sticky Strip (tape) along 1/4” scored edge of card pull-out base. Burnish the sticky tape before removing protective liner for next step. NOTE: if you want to add diagonal scoring to the two cake faces on the vv card stock, do it now.
- After removing protective layer, attach to longer side of card just inside center (5-1/2”)scored line.
- Turn card base upside down so that cake pullout is facing your table top. Place a piece of sticky strip along the top edge of 8-1/4” scored line, burnish so that the protective film will be easily removed.
- Add sticky strip to two tabs of gift card pocket as shown in photo below, burnish the sticky tape and remove protective layer.
- Fold shorter edge inwards first, followed by longer edge.
- Close to form a pocket. TIP: Insert a gift card into the pocket before closing and sealing to ensure a good fit.
- Now add sticky strip to the long top and bottom edges of the pocket, burnish and remove film.
- Place gift card into pocket to ensure a good fit…
- And fit inside 2-1/2” section of card base.
- Cut a scrap of very vanilla card stock 4-1/4” x 1-1/4” and attach to front flap of card base.
- Cut a 2” x 4” piece of very vanilla card stock for front of card. If desired, score diagonally using simply scored diagonal scored plate before attaching to front of card.
- Decorate flap of card as desired… In the photo shown above, I added Delicate Designs Folder embossing, dazzling diamonds, rhinestones, pearls and ribbon before removing film from sticky strip and securing to card base.
- Decorate additional cake layers as desired… again, I’ve used delicate designs folders embossing on whisper white card stock and die cut with large scallop edgelits and my big shot machine. The cake topper was cut using a 2-3/8” scallop Circle punch, then reduced to reveal 7 full scallops and two partials before attaching to the cake pull-out (see photo step 2).
- And even the inner gift pocket was embellished with a little decorative ‘frosting’ as well..
- You’re done… simply push down the cake topper and slip into a standard A-2 Envelope!
I hope you enjoyed today’s fancy fold gift cake card tutorial… and look forward to reading your comments!
Shop my Online Stampin’ Up! store for supplies used in today’s…
Super Saturday Tutorial – 3D Fancy Fold Gift Card Cake Card
Stamps: Delightful Dozen WM 122650 / CM 122652, Occasions Alphabet WM 117090/ CM 123598, Loving Thoughts WM 125843, CM 125845
Papers: Whisper White 100730, Very Vanilla 101650, Basic Gray 121044
Inks: Basic Gray 126981
Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine 113439, Delicate Designs Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 127023, Large Scallop Edgelits 127019, Delicate Doilies Large Sizzlits 126999, 2-3/8” Scallop Circle Punch, Bone Folder, Simply Scored Scoring Tool (board) 122334, Simply Scored Diagonal Plate 125586, Simply Scored Stylus 125624, Paper Snips 103579, Stampin’ Trimmer 126889
Awesome Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds 102023, Two Way Glue Pen 100425, Sticky Strip 104294, Basic Pearls Jewels 119247, Basic Rhinestones Jewels 119246, Paper Daisies 119243, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Whisper White 1/4” Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon 126877
Technique: Fancy Fold, Gift Card Holder, Embossing, Dazzling Diamonds, Die cutting, scoring