Friday, June 15, 2012

CAS Pleasant Poppies Birthday And ATC

Painting with markers and blender pen, today’s pleasant poppies and beautiful birthday card is clean and simple (CAS).

Instead of stamping the entire image from pleasant poppies, I inked with the stamp side up carefully making sure to only get early espresso ink on the four left most poppy images.birthday beautiful with poppiesThe stitched grosgrain ribbon was attached to the left side of the card and then knotted twice onto the ribbon and card front.blender pen and marker technique to layer on colorPoppies were colored using gumball green, daffodil delight and primrose petals stampin’ write marker and a gel pen.  Letting the marker ink to dry between coats allowed me to add multiple layers of color and depth.  As a finishing touch, a white gel pen was also used to add highlights around the daffodil delight poppy center.this purple atc has been mailed off to PaulineThis is my June ATC for a swap group I belong to.. the theme was purple.  The Hero Arts violet image was stamped in gumball green ink and then colored using wisteria wonder, pale plum and wild wasabi markers.  The focal image was framed using designer series paper and embossed wisteria wonder paper…. hope the recipient likes my purple ATC!

See you tomorrow with more CAS cards in keeping with this weeks SUDSOL blog tour theme, followed by a new Super Saturday Tutorial… hope you’ll continue to follow along as I begin my journey using brand new stamps and supplies from the latest Stampin’ Up! catalog!

I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my Online stampin’ up! store for Stamps and Supplies Used in todays…

Pleasant Poppies Beautiful Birthday Card

Stamps:  Beautiful Birthday WM 125562, Pleasant Poppies WM 126480/ CM 129499

Papers:  Gumball Green 126840, Early Espresso 119868, Whisper White 100730

Inks:  Early Espresso 126974, 2012-14 In Color Stampin’ Write Markers 126856, Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker 119677

Terrific Tools:  Craft Scissors 108360

Awesome Accessories:  1/8” stitched grosgrain ribbon (old olive) 119256, Mini Glue Dots 103683, Blender Pens 102845

Techniques:  Coloring with Markers and Blender Pens

Pin It!

3 comments:

Lisawhs808 said...

They are both so pretty. Love the colors and your coloring.

Robbie said...

I have this background stamp on my wish list! I love the look of this card. I love making ATC's yours is fabulous! Would love to find a group to join as I did it several years ago and enjoyed it so much!

Sharon Field said...

LOL.. this is a one for one group.. email me if you would like to join and I'll share the deets Robbie. I'd like to find an art stamping ATC group... found an artist atc (no rubber stamps) but not art stampers group so far!