Thursday, June 21, 2012

Best Friends… If the Shoe Fits!

Flowering Flourishes and Fabulous You join forces for a fun and colorful clean and simple card.  LOL… CAS if you like to color that is!  Coloring this delightful floral shoe is quite mindless and almost therapeutic with all the natural leaves and flowers!the best of friends if the shoe fits card 06,2-12The fabulous you stamp set actually includes three images, two of which are shown and shared on today’s card.  The third image is a tiny whimsical butterfly, really cute!

This card went together rather quickly, and also sold quickly!! I showed it to just one person who immediately purchased it… now I’m going to have to make another for my personal collection!choose contrasting colors when coloring the shoe detailsI should have masked the shoe before stamping the lovely gumball green flourish from flowering flourishes… LOL!  Do you see the yellow and green rose in the upper heel portion of my shoe?  That’s leftover from the flourish pattern.. oops!

The shoe was colored quickly with an assortment of markers… kind of reminds me of the Tiki Room and Restaurant at Disney World!  I think next time I’ll emboss it first then choose a few more lighter colors for butterflies/flowers/leaves and darker colors for void spaces to make it stand out.

Of course, the shoe would be gorgeous simply embossed with just a couple pink and green highlights (thinking out loud here).

I’ve enjoyed your comments and observations re:  post on professionalism in American Businesses!  It’s a shame so many of us have encountered inappropriate behavior by sales clerk and/or staff!!

Tomorrow I’ll be sharing two card designs, and on Friday I hope you’ll join me for a new Super Saturday tutorial!  I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up! store for supplies used in today’s..

Best Friends… If the Shoe Fits Card

Stamps:  Fabulous You WM 126520 / CM 126522, Flowering Flourishes

Papers:  Whisper White 100730, Primrose Petals 126841

Inks:  Early Espresso 136974, Many Marvelous Markers Collection 119806, In-Color 2012-14 markers 126856

Awesome Accessories:  Blender Pens 102845

Techniques:  DTP, Coloring with markers, using blender pens

Pin It!

8 comments:

Linda Warren said...

Sharon, you have sold me on this stamp set. This is gorgeous!
Linda

Pat M. said...

Hi Sharon! As always, I love this card. I don't know how you come up with new ideas, but I enjoy them all. You mentioned you sold the shoe card right away - how do you sell your cards? Do you have a store, a website, a WHAT to sell them? My hobby is card-making and I seem to have an abundance of cards, with no way to sell them to support my hobby! Thanks for any suggestions you may have for me!

Sharon Field said...

Hi Pat... I haven't sold anything online in a long time, need to re-open my etsy shop, LOL. These were just a couple gals I was having lunch with and it caused quite a stir in the restaurant!! I've also sold cards to friends and done custom Christmas, business thank you's and event invitations but my business is mostly word of mouth! Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Nicole Sapien said...

So stinkin CUTE!!! I LOVE shoes :D

Fabiola said...

oh mais elles sont trop trop bien toutes tes cartes, biz

Karen Potts said...

Beautiful! I have to color one of these!

Cindy Ware said...

Wow! Very pretty coloring on the shoe. Beautiful card!

Pat M. said...

This WAS a help Sharon. I have no doubt that you sell out on your wonderful cards! I'm loving your recipes and with our lousy weather here in central OR, I'll be making the soup soon! Thanks for your response and have a great day!