Friday, May 4, 2012

Zoo Review–The Majestic Lion Tribute

Ah, the king of beasts!  Today’s card share pays tribute to the majestic lion… languidly lying in tall grass.  I was quite happy to see that the Zoo Review stamp set was NOT on this years’ stamp retirement list “Going, Going, Gone…” as it has become one of my very favorite sets this catalog year!the majestic lion lies waiting

Watching and waiting… not unlike our house cat.  Hopefully this big cat doesn’t suffer from bouts of delusion or schizophrenic activity like our cat does!  LOL, after eating dinner he chases the unknown, bouncing off walls and jumping from chair to chair.

Colors used in today’s Majestic Lion Tribute Card are Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, and Crumb Cake.  intentionally didn't color this one for a monochromatic look

The majestic lion was stamped using soft suede ink, and I totally resisted the temptation to add even a touch of color to him!P1130101

Newsprint Designer Series Paper (DSP) was added along the inside card edge, and a punched open scallop border layer to the card front.P1130098

A knotted ribbon of crumb cake taffeta ribbon drapes across the card front, and fit nicely through the punched border too!P1130090

I am totally stunned that Stampin’ Up! is retiring gold brads!!  I use both silver and gold brads in many of my projects and find them quite versatile as a simple embellishment, don’t you?

The far background was stamped using the large format background stamp “Netting” and all edges were painted with the brush tip of a stampin’ write marker.P1130084

Originally, I planned to make today’s card into a very special Fathers’ Day card… but didn’t seem to have the appropriately sized stamp image available.  LOL, could have fired up the My Digital Studio Package and printed one… but I’d much rather stamp!

Want to see more cards featuring images from the zoo review stamp set?  Check them out:

Polar Bear and Penguin Winter Technique Card

Tall Giraffe with texture and color

A fabulous fun Zoo Christmas Card

A lion in tall grass with embossed wood sheet

A Winter Collage ATC

Zoo Friendly Snapshot Card

See you tomorrow with a new Super Saturday Tutorial!  I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Stamps and Supplies for today’s card may be ordered at my online stampin’ up! Store...and thank you for ordering from me!!

Zoo Review- The Majestic Lion Tribute Card

Stamps:  Zoo Review WM 122197 / CM 122199, A Word For You WM117032 / CM 120528, Netting WM 122655

Papers:  Mocha Morning Specialty DSP , First Edition DSP , Beau Chateau DSP , Soft Suede 115318, Very Vanilla 101650

Inks:  Soft Suede 115667

Terrific Tools:  Mat Pack 105826, Paper Piercing Tool 116631, open scallop border punch 118402

Awesome Accessories:  Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker 120973, Crumb Cake 3/8” Taffeta Ribbon 122966, Gold Brads 104337

Pin It!

3 comments:

Lisawhs808 said...

Lovely card.

ellouise1969 said...

Majestic indeed Sharon. Truth be told...I did not even know about this set really, but I love what you have done with it. I am a big fan of neutral palates.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Wonderful card! I'm also floored by the gold and silver brads. I use a ton, especially gold. I think they're still in the metallic pack, but I really hope they rethink this one. Wish I could have stocked up.