Welcome to Super Saturday… home of the free weekly paper crafting tutorials! This week I’ll be demonstrating a new to me technique… watercolor wash over versa mark image stamping!
Did you see my VERY SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT?
If you are in the Jacksonville area… you may want to check out my friend Eva’s Garage Sale Saturday in Arlington at 1056 Mayer Drive!! She’ll have a variety of household items, luggage, and other items from several families and some retired stamps for sale too! Please stop by to shop and say hello, and tell her I sent you!!
Today’s technique came to me in a dream… yeah, I know that sounds a littler strange.. LOL, I dream in color too . I often dream of stamping and this is one of two techniques that came to me during the past week!
Isn’t if fun? If you can’t wait.. simply scroll to the bottom of today’s post to see the finished card along with a detailed list of supplies so you can order at my online stampin’ up store! I really appreciate the few online orders I do get… so kudos to those who help me meet quotas and stuff!!
Come and stamp with me today… first, gather a few supplies!
Here’s what you’ll need…
- Glossy Card Stock
- Versa Mark Ink
- Stamp of choice (I’ve used “hello” from “my friend”)
- Re-Inkers of choice. Here I’ve used Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight(optional), and Pear Pizzazz
- Grid Paper (optional) to protect your surface
- Sandwich baggie
- Aqua Painter
- Paint Tray or plastic plate or plastic lid
Today’s Tip for Paper Crafters:
If you don’t have re-inkers, you can also do this technique using your stamp pad!
- With the stamp pad in the closed position, squeeze the lid firmly to make contact with the pad.
- Open the lid and add a drop of water to the inked lid.
- Remove any excess water and re-ink lid as needed, repeating the first two steps!
Step by Step Tutorial for today’s…
Versa Mark Water Color Wash Technique
- Start by inking your image with the Versa Mark Ink Pad, and stamp directly to glossy card stock.
- Add drops of the re-inker colors to a paint tray or plastic lid, and then add a few drops of water to each and stir to combine.
- Use Aqua Painter to brush on lightest color first, work quickly to cover the desired area. You can reapply if needed.
- Brush Baja Breeze Ink loosely, carelessly across bashful blue painted surface.
- Add second color to top portion, in this case… Baja Breeze. Add Pear Pizzazz to bottom portion. If you want the two colors to blend a bit more…. use daffodil delight across lower portion of blues, graduating into the green.
- Use crumpled sandwich baggie and pounce blue surface… and then green. Take care NOT to cross-pollinate by pouncing blue AFTER you’ve done the green, LOL… It really messes it up, not pretty!
- Go back and add color to any edges you may have missed using one or more of the watered down re-inker colors.
- If you feel there’ not enough contrast, add more color directly to the area desired. In the photo below, I’m adding more pear pizzazz along the bottom.
- Repeat pouncing with baggie…
- Once color hues have been achieved, lightly pounce with a tissue… work in the blue first, then green again being careful to not cross-pollinate the two colors.
- Now you’re done!!!
- Here’s another sample where I’ve used daffodil delight and you’ll notice a little cross-pollinating of sky and grass on the far right side too!
- You can see some of the daffodil delight peeking through… and more of the cross-pollination too, LOL.
- As the sky ‘dries’ it will pool into puffs and clouds for an interesting effect.
Here’s my card using today’s Versa Mark Water Color Wash Technique!
LOL… had to add silver glimmer paper, its been a while since I’ve used it!
And pretty glimmer brads with square lattice textured background compliments the glimmer paper too, don’t you think?
The edges of the glimmer paper were scalloped using the scallop border punch… just for fun!
Hope you enjoyed today’s Super Saturday Tutorial… Give it a try and send me you’re sample, I’d love to feature your tutorial based project or card on my blog!
See you tomorrow with another card featuring this messy, fun and addictive technique! I look forward to reading your comments!
Shop my online stampin up store for supplies used in today’s…
Versa Mark Water Color Wash Technique Hello Card!
Stamps: My Friend WM 122585 / CM 122587
Papers: Glossy White 102599, Pear Pizzazz 119795, Pacific Point 111350, Whisper White 100730, Silver Glimmer Paper 124005
Inks: (re-inkers): Bashful Blue 105221, Baja Breeze 111844, Daffodil Delight 119672, Pear Pizzazz 119674, Versa Mark 102283
Terrific Tools: Aqua Painter 103954, mat pack 105826, paper piercing tool 116631, Scallop Edge Punch 119882, Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 119976
Awesome Accessories: Bright's Glimmer Brads 121006, Grid Paper 102787, sandwich baggie, tissue