Sunday, May 27, 2012

Today… I Stamp!

Today, I get to stamp!  I’ve been doing just enough to get by over the past week or so… LOL, it was a very busy week!  I haven’t played much with my new stamps, ink and card stock… but you can bet they’re getting a work out today!tip for paper crafters use narrow border on dimensionals tooThis card was made using the new Everything Eleanor stamp set along with the Labels Collection Framelits.  If you’re unfamiliar with framelits, they’re very similar to Nestabilities or Spellbinders dies, often with nested layers.3d view of everything eleanor card on createdbyu_blogspotAfter die cutting Very Vanilla card stock twice with two of the Labels Collection Framelits, the frame was random stamped and attached to the card front with stampin’ dimensional pop dots.dimensional layers two are popped upI used the narrow outer edges from the dimensional dots to keep them hidden beneath the narrow framelit layer, and a marker was used to highlight both outer and inner edges.three different sized pearls are used to embellish the stamped imageRegal Rose ink was used to stamp the background image and flower, and varying sizes of basic pearls jewels were used to adorn the pretty background.attach pearl first and then glitter for successAs a finishing touch, another basic pearl jewel was added to the floral center before dabbing with a two way glue pen and sprinkling with dazzling diamonds.

Today’s Tips for Paper Crafters:

  • Always attach pearls or rhinestones to card stock or stamped image before glittering, it’s hard to get things to stick to glitter!!
  • Add glitter into a lock & Seal type sandwich container slightly larger than a card.  It will be easier to scoop and glitter cards and images.  My glitter container has fold down/locking sides which really helps protect against glitter spills and hazards!
  • Next time you attend a Taste Of Home, Pampered Chef, etc. home cooking demonstration ask the demonstrator for a couple of those tiny plastic sampling spoons… they’re perfect for scooping glitter!  I keep one right in the lock ‘n seal container!

There are just 5 more days to order from the 2011-12 Idea Book and Catalog…. once those favorite stamp sets retire, they will be gone forever!  You can use my convenient online stampin’ up! store or contact me to place your order!

Now… off to clean my stamping room so I can stamp!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

Sharon

Stamps and Supplies Used in Today’s

Today… I Stamp Blog Post and Card

Stamps:  Everything Eleanor WM 124162 / CM124164

Paper:  Very Vanilla 101650, Regal Rose 105130

Ink:  Regal Rose Pad 105211 and Marker 105108

Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine 113439, Labels Collection Framelits 125598*

Awesome Accessories:  Regal Rose Narrow Taffeta Ribbon 122965, Basic Pearls Jewels 119247, Dazzling Diamonds 102023

*Items available June 1st, 2012

Pin It!

7 comments:

Jhewins said...

I just wanted to let you know that I check your blog every day. Thanks for the ideas and hints. Jo Anne Hewins

KERRSKREATIONS said...

GREAT IDEAS. I LIKE YOUR COMMENT ABOUT THE SPOONS...I ASKED FOR SOME SAMPLE SPOONS AT MY FRIENDLY BASKIN ROBBINS. THEY WERE HAPPY TO GIVE ME A FEW.

Fabiola said...

merci pour toutes ces magnifiques cartes et ces explications toujours claires, biz

ellouise1969 said...

Pink and elegant Sharon. A bit too pink for me...but I am a total pink-a-phobe!!! Here's hoping we get some of the sets you have been featuring here in Australia in our new Catty.

Sharon Field said...

I bet you'll see them soon ;) Thanks!

Sharon Field said...

LOL... it's amazing how handy those tiny plastic spoons are! Thanks!

Sharon Field said...

Thank you Jo Anne for being a loyal follower and taking the time to post on my blog {hugs}