Wednesday, May 30, 2012

SQSC 41 Fall French Foliage in May

As we wrap up the month of May, looking forward I suspect we are facing a very long, hot summer here in North Florida!  We have already had a rocking’ and rolling couple of days with the passing of Tropical Storm Beryl, who continues to linger and wreak havoc!  I for one, am not looking forward to this year’s already unpredictable hurricane season!

Playing around with my new firm foam pads yesterday, and I have to say I’m enjoying some of the new in colors!  Can’t quite wrap my brain around Summer Starfruit though, it’s quite a strange green/gold/yellow color!  I’m hoping to make it work for Christmas cards.fall colors in springtime... what was I thinking?

Today’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge card features Old Olive, Raspberry Ripple, and Soft Suede Inks/card stock along with one of the new wood buttons and the French Foliage Stamp Set.P1130663

My house is quite dark under normal circumstances…. and with the presence of clouds, storm, etcetera from tropical storm Beryl it was quite difficult to photograph today’s card with color accuracy!  The three torch lamps normally provide enough lighting… but not yesterday!sentiment is from the day of gratitude stamp setThink I’m ready for fall?  Thank You is from the Day of Gratitude stamp set, another autumn inspired collection!   I’m already bored with my new catalog pre-order stamp sets, can you tell?  I’m reaching for stamps I haven’t used in a while!use a gel pen to paint faux thread on button

So… what do you think about these new wood buttons?  I almost layered this one with a Basics Glimmer Brad but chose to use my white gel pen to add faux thread instead.  Guess I should have avoided the holes when attaching mini glue dots to the back of the button… you can see the dots through the holes!SQSC41_On_Createdbyu_Blogspot

We’d love to have you play along with the design team this week!  Simply create a card, scrapbook page or project utilizing the sketch shown above and then visit the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge Blog to upload the URL of your image…. you know the drill!

See you tomorrow with a new hand stamped project!  I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Please visit my online Stampin’ Up! Store or Contact Me to purchase Stamps and Supplies used in today’s…

SQSC41 Fall French Foliage in May Card Share:

Stamps:  Day of Gratitude WM 120835/ CM 121148, French Foliage WM 120845/ CM 121166

Papers:  Very Vanilla 101650, Old Olive 126953, Soft Suede 115318, Raspberry Ripple 128842, Brights Collection Designer Series Paper Stack 117155

Inks:  Soft Suede 126978*, Old Olive 126953*,  Raspberry Ripple 126859*

Terrific Tools:  Table Top Paper Cutter 106959

Awesome Accessories:  Naturals Designer Buttons (wood) 127554 , White Gel Pen 105021, Mini Glue Dots 103683

*Available June 1st, 2012

Pin It!

4 comments:

Angie Jones said...

Love your card and the colours - this is such a great stamp set.

ellouise1969 said...

Such a fab card Sharon. LURVE the colour palate.Get closer to buying the darn set every time I see something with it!!!

Karen said...

Love it!

SUcrazed said...

Love how you interpreted the layout. Simple and stunning. Thank you for sharing.