Wednesday, May 2, 2012

SQSC 37–Nicest Things & Domestic Goddess

Good morning!  Sorry for the delay in yesterday’s card share… there was a slight glitch in the posting date (which I entered incorrectly… can’t blame computers on this one!!)  If you happened to miss it, simply scroll down to the next post, and enjoy your coffee just a little bit longer!

Today’s card for the stampin’ queens sketch challenge SQSC37 is one we’ll be making at the First Wednesday Card Club!  I’m trying to brighten up the palette for spring and use up my Domestic Goddess Designer Series Paper (DSP) at the same time. SQSC37_Sharon_Field There are some Domestic Goddess patterns that are really ‘way out there’ retro… with coffee pots and kitchen equipment.  I much prefer the more subtle patterns on the reverse sides of the double sided papers… how about you?retiring on may 31st... be sure to visit my online stampin up store to order your exclusive designCan you tell I was in a hurry?  LOL.. didn’t quite get those flowers colored all the way in… but it appears more artistic this way, right?  Both floral string and sentiment on today’s card share is from the Nicest Things Stamp Set…. sadly one of my favorites on the going, going gone… retired stamp list!! 

The Nicest things is actually a fun and versatile stamp set… here’s a card featuring the little girl images, and another baby card featuring the little bunny!

The Nicest Things stamp set and others on this list will be available for ordering at my online stampin’ up! store through the end of May… then it and other beloved favorites (Plant Hope comes to mind).. will be gone, gone, gone!!domestic goddess dsp and 5/8" brads will be retiring...

Glad to see organza ribbon carry over into the new catalog… there are some times you just need this sheer and satin ribbon combination… weddings, and baptismal card come to mind in particular!  The ribbon is easily dyed with a sponge dauber and ink… or even stampin’ sponge or markers for a two tone effect.

I’ve added a narrow strip of Calypso Coral Card Stock behind the ribbon to give it a pop of color… and the knotted bow was made separately from the band of ribbon and attached using mini glue dots.SQSC37_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot_With_Sharon_Field

Here’s the sketch for today’s challenge… for some reason I can’t get swiss cheese and house mouse out of my head…. wouldn’t that be a great combo for today’s challenge sketch? 

I hope you’ll play along with the Design Team this week… simply create your very own card using the sketch shown above, and then visit the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge Blog to upload the URL of your special creation… Winking smile  I know we’re going to love seeing your interpretation!!

LOL, I’ve been trying to simplify my life a bit… but with ongoing teaching commitments, work and the onset of craft show season, I’m meeting myself coming and going! 

Hope your life is less hectic!!

I look forward to reading your comments… off to my stamp room!

Hugs,

Sharon

Stamps and Supplies for Today’s.. for your convenience items in RED are also on one or more retirement lists!

SQSC37 The Nicest Things:  Domestic Goddess! Card

Stamps:  The Nicest Things WM 117036/ CM 120531

Papers:  Domestic Goddess DSP 122355, Baja Breeze 111352, Whisper White 100730, Calypso Coral 122925

Ink:  Calypso Coral* 122939

Terrific Tools: 2-1/2” Circle Punch 120906

Awesome Accessories:  5/8” Neutral Brads 112533, Organza Ribbon 114319, Paper Daisies 119243, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Mini Glue Dots 103683, Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker** 119677

* Item being re-configured…. the ink pad will be back but in a new firm foam design!

** Item being re-configured… markers will be available in the new catalog by color family (no longer as a single marker option.)

The new catalog will become available on June 1, 2012… contact me to have your very own personal copy sent to you!

Pin It!

1 comment:

purple said...

I love those soft colors too. Really like the sketch and your cards.