Pardon The Interruption (PTI)… Today’s Super Saturday Tutorial was a bit delayed due to an emergency! My close friend Tee’s (Green Isles Crafts) hubby is in the hospital, so I spent much of yesterday waiting for test results with her. It’s going to be a long haul as he is facing triple bypass surgery on Monday.. please keep them in your prayers!
Today’s Super Saturday Tutorial features new catalog Bigz Clear Oval Accent Die and “Apothecary Accents” Framelits along with a couple quick and easy tricks to alter the shape of the die cut image.Perfectly Penned and Creative Elements Stamp Sets were used in making today’s Bell Jar Card… along with two Textured Impressions Embossing Folders and some awesome accessories.
The bell jar was easily created by cutting off one end of the Clear Oval Accent Die Cut Shape…
as shown in the very blurry shape photo above…. sorry!! I took this picture three different times and each time it had a life of it’s own!After cutting away the excess, a second die cut was made and cut to form the jar lid, and a third was made to use as a jar shadow.The lid was embossed using Pretty Petals and adorned using awesome accessories: basic pearls jewels with marina mist taffeta ribbon before attaching to the bell jar using stampin’ dimensional “pop dots”.The Creative Elements floral spray was stamped in new midnight muse ink and colored using bashful blue, certainly celery, and daffodil delight stampin’ write markers.
After making today’s Bell Jar, I decided to alter the shape even further and see what could be made using the Bigz Clear Oval Accent Die… and came up with these shapes (a couple more are still rattling around in my brain).A bell jar with a curved, footed bottom… This is the original Clear Oval Accent Shape.Which was modified using an extra large wide oval punch.Notice the sharp edges from the punch? Easy to fix…Simply remove the sharpness using the smallest oval punch!And then use a sanding block to sand away any remaining sharp edges. My sanding block looks a little well worn and used, doesn’t it?? LOL.. that’s actually quite normal and from sanding away card stock and ink.Repeat this process on the other end of the clear oval accent die cut and you end up with another shape…LOL… if you were to turn it 90 degrees, it would look like a fish bowl… but here it looks kind of like a head with big ears!!
It would be a great background for a circle punched sentiment or journal box on a scrapbook page too!
See you tomorrow with more new product shares… Several of the items used in today’s tutorial are from the new 2012-13 catalog and will be available at my online stampin’ up! store on June 1st.
Have you received your new catalog yet? If not, simply use the contact me form to have your catalog sent!
Stamps and Supplies used in today’s….
PTI Tutorial: Bell Jar and Prayer Request
Stamps: Creative Elements WM 122645/CM 122647, Perfectly Penned WM 122890 / CM 122892
Papers: Midnight Muse 126843, Bashful Blue, Very Vanilla 100630, Wisteria Wonder 122922, Marina Mist 119682
Inks: Midnight Muse 126860, and Bashful Blue 119700 (subtles collection), Daffodil Delight 119677, Certainly Celery 105106 (markers)
Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439, Bigz Clear Oval Accent Die 127005, Flower Garden 123113 and Petals-A-Plenty 116824 Textured Impressions Embossing Folders, Decorative Label Punch 120907
Awesome Accessories: Basic Pearls Jewels 119247, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Marina Mist 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon 119257