Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Open Sea CAS, and Stepped Up A Notch

It’s been a busy week… but rumor is that I like my week busy, LOL!  Today I’m sharing two of four cards made quickly yesterday morning.  Both feature the fabulous The Open Sea Stamp Set, and both have a new product sneak peek:  Raspberry Ripple Card Stock!cas would make a great Fathers day card tooThis clean and simple (CAS) card was put together in 5 minutes, LOL maybe less!  I do think Raspberry Ripple is quickly becoming one of my favorite new In-Colors from the 2012-14 collection!  Brighter than Cherry Cobbler Card Stock, it has some purple or blue undertones!sahara sand stamped background on whisper white card stockThe background whisper white card stock was stamped once using the bill of laden image in a traditional vertical alignment, then multiple times and every which way along the perimeter of the card stock.

The friendly phrases sentiment was stamped dtp (direct to paper) using cranberry crisp ink, and the background was stamped using Sahara Sand ink.  The Sahara Sand ink has gray/brown tones and gave the card stock background an old/worn appearance.raspberry ripple is one of my favorite new in colorsWhen designing this card, I first picked the stamp set, then the colors I thought I might use… and thought Raspberry Ripple looked quite nice next to the Basic Gray Domestic Goddess Designer Series Paper.a few more layers, and brads make a difference!Here’s a similar ‘stepped up’ version of the same Open Sea masculine card… again, same colors just a few more layers and a couple brads… yet very quick to make.  Isn’t it amazing how much a few simple layers and a couple brads can change an otherwise plain card?

The Open Sea Stamp Set was available in one of last years’ mini catalogs and I’m quite happy to see it in the new catalog too, although I wish they would have kept the sailboat!!

Other things in the new catalog which I’ve been wanting:  Sea Shells; a new ‘Sorry’ phrase and word stamp set (something I requested a couple years ago at the prompting of my customer Cynthia S.); and a quite handsome Buck (deer); and an awesome floral shoe!!  Have you got your new Stampin’ up! catalog yet?  Contact me to get yours!

See you tomorrow with another card duet!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up store for Stamps And Supplies Used in Today’s…

The Open Sea CAS, and Stepped Up A Notch Cards

Stamps:  The Open Sea WM 125030 / CM 123032, Friendly Phrases WM 126149/ CM 126151

Papers:  Whisper White 100730, Basic Gray 121044, Raspberry Ripple* 126842, Domestic Goddess Designer Series Paper 122355

Inks:  Sahara Sand 126976, Cherry Cobbler 126966, Not Quite Navy 126971, Bashful Blue 126961

Terrific Tools:  1-1/4” square punch 119865, mat pack 105826, paper piercing tool 116631

Awesome Accessories:  Metallic Brads (silver) 119741

*New Catalog items available June 1st, 2012

Pin It!

1 comment:

ellouise1969 said...

I so do like this set Sharon and I really love what you have done with it. The inlaid banner on the stepped up card looks magical. Brilliantly done.