Friday, May 11, 2012

One Eyed Monster Hugs Card CCREW0512DF

LOL… I guess I got a little carried away making today’s one eyed monster “Big Hugs” CCREW0512DF card for the splitcoast stampers CreativeCrew challenge!! 

I knew I wanted to use retiring concord crush and pear pizzazz card stock/DSP combo… I also figured it would make a great monster card.

But… by the time “Eye Got It” the entire DSP background had been filled with eyeballs!!CCREW0512DF_CCREW0512CF_Sharon_FieldThe eyeballs were made using three layers and varying sizes of circle punches and a white gel pen, added to retiring Cheerful Treat Designer Series Paper (DSP).a sea of eyeballs in varied punch sizes create dimensionMy club members went wild over the simplicity of this card… at first glance they thought that I had popped some of the eyeballs… which were glued direct to paper!  I pre-assembled all the eyeball combinations before gluing to the DSP using Multipurpose adhesive.stamped dtp, snipped and popped to card frontWell… since I ran out of room for my one eyed monster… I decided to snip him out and pop him onto the card front using stampin’ dimensional ‘pop dots’, and added an additional punched eyeball and hand drawn lashes to him as well.popped and blinged sentiment sure to wow!

Also popped and attached to the card, a really blinged out “Big Hug”!  I thought the sentiment needed a little more attention to stand out in the sea of eyeballs!!

The CreativeCrew would love to have you play along with us this month at Splitcoaststampers!  Simply use retiring DSP and/or In Colors 2010-12 in your card or project and upload to the Splitcoaststampers Gallery using keyword CCREW0512DF.  You can also see all the design team samples by searching on keyword CreativeCrew (one word) or click here to visit the DT Gallery!

See you tomorrow with a new Super Saturday Tutorial!!  It’s always new, exciting and different… LOL, Winking smile but you already knew that!

Your comments truly inspire me, thanks for taking the time… I read each and every one of them!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my online stampin’ up! Store and have your order delivered to your door!some of the items in today's ccrew0512 are hostess items.. contact me to book your party!

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s…

One Eyed Monster Hugs Card CCREW0512DF

Stamps:   Make A Monster WM 118742/ CM 120606, Perfect Words WM 122470/ 122472CM (hostess)

Papers:  Cheerful Treat DSP (hostess) 122381, Pear Pizzazz 119795, Whisper White 100730, Basic Black 121045, Concord Crush 119792

Ink:  Pear Pizzazz 119784

Terrific Tools:  Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, 1/2” Circle Punch, 3/4” Circle Punch, 1” Circle Punch, Paper Snips 103579

Awesome Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones Jewels 119246, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Basic Black Marker 100082, White Gel Pen 105021, In Color 2020-12 Stampin’ Write Markers 119801, Multipurpose Adhesive 110755

Pin It!

16 comments:

Karen Potts said...

Adorable!

Susan Carlson said...

How creative! I love it!

Lisawhs808 said...

Super fun card!

Gail said...

What a fabulous idea and I love it! It is a "made me laugh out loud" cute card! You always blow me away with your creativity. I have the perfect little boy who is going to love this card because now I just HAVE to make it! TFS!

Stampingwithkate said...

Love this wonderful fun card! Any child (or adult) would love one

Linda Zaworski said...

How freakin' cute is this?!?!? You are ingenious!! I LOVE IT!

Fabiola said...

rrrro! trop fun! j'adore, biz

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

I really don't care for the make a monster set, but this card is adorable!! Love it.

Marcee Rodgers said...

This is SO cute!!

Patrice said...

Now this is one CUTE card !

Pegandgary said...

Love it!

ellouise1969 said...

WAAAAYYYY cool Sharon...Love this fun idea. No matter what...it follows you all around the room!!! Brilliant. Snaps to you too....i just finished a Concord and Pear card too last night for a 50th.....seems to be my 'go to' at the mo.

Tiffany Bauer said...

This card is too stinkin' cute!! What a brilliant idea with the eyeballs and I love the colors!! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #63 with a link back to your blog on 5-13-12. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your blog badge to display on your blog for being featured!!
If you wish to decline please email me by responding to this comment to let me know.
Have a great day!!
Tiffany Bauer
http://www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Simona Cornehl said...

This card is so very very cute!
LG Simona

Margaret Fleming said...

Saw your wonderfully fun card on 'My Crafty Picks' and had to come see it! This is so fun and such a great kids card! I know a few little guys who are going to love this!!

bastamper said...

super cute!!!