A different Water Color Wash Technique Card today… It’s a CAS (clean and simple), quick and easy technique with very little mess or fuss, unlike this weekend’s Super Saturday Tutorial card! Today’s card features a basic wash technique and My Friend Stamp Set.
I’ve been playing with the “My Friend” stamp set quite a bit lately! I’ve had some interesting comments from readers with regard to this stamp set, both on my blog and in my Split Coast Stampers gallery!
As you know, I love reading your comments and find it both interesting and challenging when someone says they originally didn’t care for a particular stamp set or have been inspired to dust off the set they’ve owned for a while!The background on today’s card was created on glossy white card stock.
Glossy White Card Stock Water Color Wash
- Mix a few drops of bashful blue re-inker with a few drops of water in a paint tray, on a plate or plastic lid.
- Use an aqua painter to pick up and quickly brush across the glossy white card stock… if you look closely, you can see my brushstrokes were done on diagonally.
- Mix a few drops of Baja breeze re-inker with a few drops of water as in step one.
- Use an aqua painter and diagonal strokes to apply a second coat of color.
Set aside to dry… or dry with a heat tool before stamping.
You can see the diagonal brush strokes and variation of color in the image above!
Today’s tips for paper crafters:
- Fill mis-stamped mistakes for solid images using an aqua painter.
- First, try moving the freshly stamped ink with an aqua painter alone.
- If that doesn’t work, you can also squeeze the lid of a closed ink pad, open the pad and pick up ink from the lid to color in the image using the aqua painter and ink
Lucky Limeade Designer Printed Brads coordinate well with hues of bashful blue, old olive, and rich razzleberry! LOL, I’ve always loved the purple/green color combo!!
In a pinch for that perfect Mothers’ Day Gift? When you purchase a Gift Certificate from me, I’ll send a special hand made Mothers’ Day card and gift certificate directly to your Mom along with redemption instructions! This offer is available and redeemable only through me… and can be shipped regular First Class Mail within the US or Priority Mail! Simply Contact Me to make payment arrangements!!
“Hello” from the “My Friend” stamp set was stamped in rich razzleberry ink “DTP” aka... direct to paper.
Do you have a stampin up stamp set that really challenges you? Would you like to challenge me to use a particular current stamp set in a card to feature on my blog? Simply leave a comment on today’s post, and I’ll see if I can work on it!! LOL, providing I actually own the stamp set !
I look forward to reading your comments… see you again tomorrow morning as you sip your morning coffee (or tea… like Princess Lisa!!).
Shop my online Stampin’ Up! store for stamps and supplies used in today’s…
CAS My Friend Wash Technique Card
Stamps: My Friend WM 122585 / CM 122587
Inks: (re-inkers) Bashful Blue 105221, Baja Breeze 111844, Old Olive Classic Ink Pad 102777, Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink Pad 115658
Papers: Glossy White Card Stock 102599, Whisper White 100730, Rich Razzleberry 115316
Terrific Tools: Mat Pack 105826, Paper Piercing Tool 116631, Aqua Painter 103954, Heat Tool (optional) 100005
Awesome Accessories: In Color 2011-13 Designer Printed Brads 122940