Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fresh Vintage Lattice Samples

Good morning!  Last week I received a lot of emails, questions and comments regarding the Picnic Blanket Fresh Vintage Card in this post.  Several wanted to know what stamp image was used to make the picnic blanket ‘lattice background’.

The background was created with a combination of two images from the fresh vintage stamp set.  Today I’m sharing a few CAS (Clean and Simple), quick and easy cards made with the exclusive Sale-A-Bration stamp set to help clear this up!latttice bar stamped imageThis was the first card I made using the long, narrow stamp… the longest bar on the right shows almost the complete length of the stamped image.   Looking at the card right now, I’m thinking birthday candles??  LOL, I wasn’t that thrilled with it, so kept on playing around…angled blanket from cornerNext, I created this angled/stamped card prototype…. the overlapping areas are less evident, and the lines are a little curved.the cards are stamped then assembled later

Which you can see better in this view which inspired me to strive for a prettier blanket card…corner angled blanket stamped curly cute fresh vintageBut I still wasn’t thrilled with the results, and gave it another whirl…prototype get wellAnd created this blanket or throw along the edge of the get well card above. I wasn’t too happy with the overlapping sections and didn’t want to break out my stamp-ma-jig tool for precision placement, although it would have helped!  I also thought it was still a bit too plain, so tried one last time.so... this is the card that everyone was aksing aboutThe stamped floral images were placed mostly where the lattice bars overlapped, which disguised those intersections quite well!

My studio stamping is often an exercise in creativity…. and pure playtime with no impending deadlines as I leisurely experiment with a new image or punch… turning sideways, upside down or cutting away part of it.  New products are a good reason to play!

LOL when there’s a deadline I kick into high gear and sometimes that’s not pretty!  My DH is always amazed at the way I work with deadlines and move to a higher plane of functionality.  It’s all good, LOL.

When using stamp sets in a club or class, I like to show you other ways to use it… and often make/share several samples and styles for that stamp set to show it’s versatility.

Here are two more Fresh Vintage projects... and another sample or two for my Senior Stampers.

Tomorrow I’ll be sharing another new catalog sneak peek for the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge.  I hope you’ll stop by to say hello!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

1 comment:

Dellis70 said...

Some wonderful ideas, Sharon! Thanks for sharing the tips and reminding me about the layering of components in this fashion.