Monday, May 28, 2012

Forever Young B&W Graduation Card

Graduation… It’s that time of year, isn’t it??  Today’s card features the Forever Young and Loving Thoughts Stamp Sets in a classic Black and white format.

Metaphorically… an elegant cuckoo clock and “dare to dream” sentiment symbolize the passing of time, all too quick sometimes!P1130634 Dare to dream cas graduation card

Rumor has it my nephew recently graduated college…. well, I know from his mother that he has graduated but he never let us know the date, and didn’t send any announcement.  What is with kids these days?partial embossed image.. not sure I liket htis

OK… so I played around a bit with my new firm foam basic black ink pad…. and I think it’s defective.  Unlike my other new firm foam pads, the basic black one has tiny little pin holes in the surface, almost dimple-like in appearance.  I’ll be calling Stampin’ Up! in the morning to get the situation corrected.

Love how the firm foam pads stamp in general, better ink coverage, but very wet.  LOL, I thought it was wet enough to apply clear embossing powder and quickly heat emboss… but I didn’t work fast enough so my image has a few shiny areas.ribbon angled satin ribbon acce t

Basic Black Satin Ribbon, cut on an angle anchors the bottom of today’s card share…. I thought it needed a little accent of something.loving thoughts dare to dream embossed sentiment 052812

This time I worked quickly and embossed the sentiment quickly and that’s a great way to ensure this really wet ink is dry before attaching to a card!

See you tomorrow with another new card share!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

No comments: