Sunday, May 13, 2012

Everything Eleanor Scrap Page Sneak Peek

Happy Mothers’ Day to all of you!  I’ve got a new catalog sneak peek today, featuring the splitcoast stampers Creative Crew challenge CCREW0512SF.  The challenge criteria had designers make a scrapbook page featuring someone they love… and to celebrate the women in their lives.

My vintage scrapbook page features my great grandmother, Bettie Lee Turbiville-Dennis, whom my own Mother was named for.  CCREW0512SF_Sharon_Field Bettie Lee Turbiville Dennis

Bettie Lee passed long before I was born, in 1944, and I really didn’t know much about her other than she had fiery red hair and too many children in too few years!  My Great Grandfather eventually remarried, and I grew quite fond of my new Great Grandmother, Vida Dennis.very vanilla craft ink dragged on soft suede card stock

Soft Suede card stock was aged using a very vanilla craft ink pad.  After cutting the frame like pieces, the pad was dragged directionally across each piece.wood-like texture and appearance

Once the craft ink was dry, the soft suede card stock faux frame have a wood like texture and appearance.two blooms, one dtp, one fussy cut and colored

Love this little blossom from the new Everything Eleanor stamp set!!  I’m so glad I can finally share this stamp set with you… it’s been on my shelf since January, a free stamp set I received while attending the annual Leadership Conference.

The flower on the journaling box was actually stamped twice, once on the Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper, and a second time onto Very Vanilla Card Stock.  After coloring the bloom using markers, it was fussy cut and added to the journaling block using stampin’ dimensionals aka pop dots. everything eleanor and pearls background

The colors used in today’s scrapbook focus were Soft Suede, Very Vanilla and Blushing Bride.  The flourish from Everything Eleanor was stamped using Blushing Bride ink, and embellished using various sizes of Basic Pearls Jewels… which I’m happy to see in the new Stampin’ Up! Catalog too!

How I made the oval cut on the photo…  I didn’t have an oval die cut large enough, LOL could have used my Cricut Die Cutting machine to make a template but didn’t even think about it… the Cricut is too slow for me!!  So… instead I cut a piece of card stock a bit larger than the photo size I wanted to end up with.  Using a pencil, I sketched an oval, cut it out using snips, and sanded the edges until my template had a perfect oval shape.  I then traced the oval shape on the photo and cut away the excess.

Want to play along with the CreativeCrew Challenge?  Simply create a scrapbook page featuring a woman in your life… use the key word CCREW0512SF and upload your submission to the CreativeCrew Gallery at splitcoaststampers!

The new catalog will be available for ordering on June 1st… And there’s some pretty cool stuff in it… including a NEW mat pack and piercing tool!!!  You can reserve your personal copy… simply use the Contact Me Tab and let me know where to send your personal copy!

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you have a very Happy Mothers Day… just the way you want it!

Hugs,

Sharon

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s..

Everything Eleanor Scrap Page Sneak Peek

Stamps:  Everything Eleanor WM 124162/ CM 124164 *available 6/1/12

Paper:  Beau Chateau Designer Series Paper 122357, Soft Suede 115318, Blushing Bride 119795, Very Vanilla 101650

Ink:  Blushing Bride Classic Ink 119786, Very Vanilla Craft Ink 104308

Terrific Tools:  Table Top Paper Cutter 106959, Sanding Block 124304, Paper Snips 103579

Awesome Accessories:  Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Basic Pearls Jewels 119247, In Color 2010-12 Stampin’ Write Markers 119801, Melon Mambo Stampin’ Write Marker 121074

Pin It!

5 comments:

Lisawhs808 said...

Happy Mother's Day, Sharon.

Lorican said...

I love this page! The first time I saw it I thought it was a real frame and pic! LOL!
Sharon, I hope your Morher's Day is all you want it to be!
Hugs,
Candy

ellouise1969 said...

Wow...what a beautiful piece of art work Sharon. It is so wonderful to see the past so beautifully. Hope you had a fab Mother's Day.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

This is gorgeous! She was so beautiful, and your page absolutely does her justice!

Kelly Wentling said...

Beautiful and timeless! Love your page and this wonderful color combo.