Thursday, May 31, 2012

Everything Eleanor and Memorial Day Card

Hello, are you there?  What a crazy holiday weekend, complete with a tropical storm (coincidentally named after my Mother in Law, Beryl!)  The weather is settling down now, so I ran to the grocery store, and DH began the yard clean up today too.  I did glance at the backyard today and thought I should really get out there and help but… there was a deadline to meet!

I’ve been working on my next set of projects for the Splitcoast Stampers CreativeCrew which I’ll begin sharing with readers tomorrow, June 1st!

June 1st is the official first day for ordering from the Newest Stampin’ Up! Catalog.  If you haven’t received your copy yet, feel free to contact me!one more regal rose vv card!Today I’m sharing another Regal Rose Everything Eleanor Card layout along with a Fresh Vintage card I meant to post on Memorial Day, hope you like them.ok,next time I'm changing the ink color.. promise!The focal image is layered similarly to the others I’ve made, fussy cutting out the blossom and punching a regal rose layer to set it off.  the new 2012 mat pack will have a template for piercing aroud this shapeI moved the door plate image over further on this card, and then used my mat pack and paper piercing tool to pierce around the outer edges.  The new stampin’ up catalog will have a fabulous template in the Essentials Paper Piercing Pack that will perfectly guide you around this and other images… that would be much easier than the way I did it, right?

Want to see the other cards and projects I’ve made featuring the Everything Eleanor Stamp Set?

LOL, guess I was on a Regal Rose Stampin’ Streak!celebrate today fresh vintage flag cardThis is my Fresh Vintage Memorial Day Card… a little late LOL, could have saved it for Flag Day next month!  The flag pole was made by cutting a 1/8” strip of brushed silver card stock, and punching an itty bitty shapes circle which was then popped with dimensional dots to attach to the card.

Today’s Humor Another Way To Use It Spotlight, Just Chattin’

Earlier I mentioned going to the grocery store, right?  Well one of the items on the grocery list was clear gel deodorant we’d run out of. 

After unpacking grocery, I took a minute to remove the protective film from the container, and replaced the top.  Next, I screwed the bottom to push the gel towards to top in preparation for morning use.  Big surprise when I removed the lid!!  The plastic gel applicator lid also came off! I tried freezing, refrigerating, a kitchen knife… but nothing was going to pry that lid out of the top!!

Paper Piercing Tool and Mini Glue Dots to the rescue!!   They worked perfectly to pry out the applicator cover, and give just enough security to prevent the cover from coming off again! 

Who says craft supplies are only for crafters!

 

I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend, and possibly not as rainy as ours in North Florida!

Thank you for your online orders, every little bit helps me stay active as a demonstrator.  As soon as my life slows down a bit, I’ll be working on a few thank you cards!

See you tomorrow with a new project for the Splitcoaststampers Creative Crew and Saturday with a new Super Saturday Tutorial!  I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my Online Stampin’ Up! Store for supplies used in today’s card shares…

Everything Eleanor and Memorial Day Celebration Cards

Stamps:  Everything Eleanor WM 124162/ CM 124164, Curly Cute WM 117-14/ CM 120510, Fresh Vintage (n/a), Perfectly Penned WM 122890/ CM 122892

Papers:  Very Vanilla 101650, Regal Rose 105130, Pacific Point 111350, Brushed Silver 100712, Real Red 102482

Inks:  Regal Rose 126947*, Real Red 126949*, Pacific Point 126951*

Terrific Tools:  Essentials Paper Piercing Pack 126187*, Paper Piercing Tool 126189*,  2-3/8” Scallop Circle Punch, 118874 Itty Bitty Shapes Punch (circle) 118309

Awesome Accessories: Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430

* Denotes items available for ordering on June 1, 2012

Pin It!

No comments: