Friday, May 18, 2012

CAS Cards: Fresh Vintage Designs

Had a lovely lunch yesterday with my old friend Karen Potts… we get together about once a month to share cards and product ideas!  She hadn’t received her 2012-13 catalog pre-order so I brought along a few new product sneak peeks as well.  Our card caused quite a stir at the restaurant Winking smile  The waitress asked me at one point if I was planning a wedding!  It’s always fun to catch up with an old friend, isn’t it?

Today on Created By You, I’m featuring SIX Clean And Simple (CAS) Cards, five featuring the Fresh Vintage stamp set which was very popular during Sale-A-Bration.  Perhaps you selected this stamp set as your sale-a-bration order freebie?  These are just a few cards I made using the stamp set, LOL… I’ve got quite a few more too… but I’m going to share these short and sweet, with little chatter for a change….one of five cas fresh vintage card samplesSentiment from Curly Cute, stamped on 3-3/4” x 5” Very Vanilla Card Stock, attached to card front using stampin’ dimensionals.perimeter stampingSentiment:  Curly Cute, surrounded by Poppy Parade stamped Fresh Vintage floral motif and attached DTP Poppy Parade Card base.postage stamp punched fresh vintage imageCurly Cute again, with two images from Fresh Vintage… and a little extra help from postage stamp punch (love that punch, don’t you?)I will miss using this punch a bunchSad to see the doily triple daisy punch retiring at the end of the month!!  I plan to hold on to mine.. how about you?looks like a red and vanilla throw or picnic clothReminds me of a picnic blanket or throw… again two images from fresh vintage along with curly cute sentiment.cas mixed bunch with laceSale a Bration Designer Series Paper, Poppy Parade card stock and ink along with blossom punched images from Mixed Bunch.

I am sad to see Poppy Parade Card Stock retiring.. it’s such a bright happy color!!  Check out the retired stamps and accessories lists in the upper left corner and be sure to place your online orders before the end of the month, several accessories are already GONE from inventory!  Visit my online stampin’ up! Store to have your items delivered to your door.  And thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Tomorrow I’ll begin showing more new product sneak peeks!  I’ve been stamping up a storm… I wonder if that’s why it’s raining so much lately (LOL, just kidding).

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

8 comments:

Kelly Wentling said...

Thanks for sharing Sharon! Some of these I had seen on your blog, but some I hadn't. It's nice to see a revisit to SAB. I did select this stamp set and I appreciate the samples for me to draw inspiration from. The "picnic blanket throw" card is fabulous. You are so clever! Like you, I'm sorry to see Poppy Parade leaving us. I really liked this shade of red.

Kraftychic said...

Wow! Your cards are beautiful! Can't wait to see what else you have to share with us! Thanks!

ellouise1969 said...

Oh...I love these Sharon...esp the "picnic blanket" one. (Ashamedly) I only inked up this set for the 1st time y'day. I think I am inspired to do more....thanks.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

These are really great! Especially love the lattice one. Never would have thought to do that. This was my fav set from SAB this year. Such a great set for gorgeous CAS cards!

Sharon Field said...

You're very welcome!! I love finding new ways to use stamps! Glad I could inspire!

Jas41 said...

How beautiful; you are always so clever in the use of your stamps. Would you mind sharing how you did the lattice for the "picnic blanket"

Jas41 said...

Your cards are always so beautiful and inspiring; I particularly love the lattice "icnic blanket" Is the lattice a stamp -- how'd you do that???

Sharon Field said...

Fresh Vintage has a long, narrow stamp which is what I used to do the picnic blanket... I'll try to find another card I used it on and let you see it. I just random stamped then turned the image 90 degrees to stamp in the other direction in the same color ink, then used the floral motif and same ink to stamp the flowers.