Tuesday, May 29, 2012

B&W With A Touch Of Gray... And An ATC

I’ve been trying to simplify my life a bit lately…. and it’s creeping into my clean and simple stamping too!  Today’s card is a CAS, Quick and Easy design for Fathers’ Day!fathers day card createdbyu_blogspot_52912I was experimenting packaging tape… I wanted to see how it would work using the new firm foam pads.  So, after inking the tree image from Forever Friends, I carefully applied Packaging Tape directly to the inked stamp.

The first time I was using a very flimsy and inexpensive packaging tape… the results were not too pretty, the tape easily folded on itself and was difficult to apply to card stock.  So… I looked around my stamping studio and found a roll of 3M package tape, much more sturdy and thick which worked wonderfully!simple folded ribbon with faux knot using glimmer bradThe faux knotted ribbon tie was made with a folded piece of 5/8” Basic Black Ribbon secured using a Basic Black “Basics” Glimmer Brad, and not my original idea… I have to admit I saw it on SCS.  The prongs were pushed through a hole pierced through both whisper white and basic gray card stock layers so I didn’t have to worry about twisting and possibly breaking them when hiding beneath the ribbon itself.retired mini catalog hostess stamp set something to celebrateHappy Fathers Day is from a retired Mini Catalog stamp set called Something to Celebrate.  After inking with the new basic black firm foam pad, I worked quickly to emboss with clear powder (LOL unlike yesterday’s clock card!)ATC Lighthouse from Uncharted Territory Stamp setUncharted Territory ATC… sad to see this stamp set go!!  My swap partner this month indicated she loves lighthouses, so this ATC was custom made just for her.  I also sent her a hand made card using the same stamp set, you can see it here.  She’s already received both ATC and card and loved them… Yeah!!

Time is running out for ordering from the 2011-12 Idea Book & Catalog, which expires on May 31st!  Be sure to order your  exclusive retiring supplies from my online stampin’ up! store and have your stamps delivered right to your door!

See you tomorrow with a new Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge!  I look forward to reading your lovely comments and questions!

Hugs,

Sharon

Retiring Stamp Sets Used in today’s ATC Card is available only through 5/31/12… be sure to visit my Stampin’ Up! Store and order yours!

Uncharted Territory  WM 116952 / CM 120456

Pin It!

No comments: