Welcome to Super Saturday! Today’s free tutorial will focus on 2 ways to mask and a bit of sponging too!
Have you ever used traditional reverse masking technique where you stamp an image onto a post it note, cut it out, and use it to cover an already stamped image? That technique has been well documented and presented at Splitcoaststampers (View the Reverse Masking Tutorial HERE).
Today I’m sharing a shortcut masking technique along with post it note masking commonly used in brayer technique cards similar to that used in Capture the Wave.
Gather your supplies:
- 3 x 5” Post it note or scrap of thin printer paper and repositionable adhesive.
- Very Vanilla Card Stock
- Old Olive, River Rock and Crumb Cake Classic Ink
- Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker
- Lovely as A Tree and En Francais Stamp Sets
- Stampin’ Sponge Wedge
- Scotch Tape
Step by Step Tutorial:
- Tear post it note along sticky edge to reveal dips. Leave adequate adhesive en tact to use to secure the post it note on an angle to the very vanilla card stock as shown below.
- Apply Crumb Cake Ink to the En Francais stamp and stamp onto Very Vanilla Card Stock.
Today’s Tips for Paper Crafters:
- Use grid paper lines to square up and align both the very vanilla card stock and the En Francais stamp.
- When stamping, align the top edge of the stamp so that it will stamp only on the post it note and lower portion of very vanilla card stock.
Additional supplies used in my finished card sample:
Stamps: Delightful Dozen
Papers: Soft Suede, Old Olive
Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
Awesome Accessories: Bright's Button, Hemp Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals
Have an awesome weekend!! I look forward to your comments, and hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow for a fun dimensional card!
Visit my online Stampin’ Up! Store to have the supplies for today’s masked card delivered to your door!
Stamps: Lovely As A Tree WM 115026, Delightful Dozen WM 122650/ CM 122652
Papers: Very Vanilla 1001650, Soft Suede 115318, Old Olive 100702
Inks: Crumb Cake 121030, Old Olive 102277, River Rock 109010, Soft Suede Stampin’ Write Marker 120973
Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 119976
Awesome Accessories: Hemp Twine 100982, Bright's Designer Buttons 119747, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430
Non SU Supplies: 3” x 5” post it note, scotch tape