Tuesday, April 3, 2012

SQSC32 - A Break With Apothecary Art!

Today I’m taking a little break from last month’s Blossom Builders and Simply Sent Card Class Shares to bring you a fresh and fun NEW card for last week’s the SQSC32 Challenge.  This time I’m playing along too…Apothecary art and Summer Solstice by Sharon Field

Today’s card changes up the sketch a bit…. LOL, so did my original SQSC32 challenge gift bag.  Still using neutrals colors, today’s card features a pretty patterned print from the Mocha morning Designer Series Paper Pack along with Exclusive Occasions Mini products and the Summer Solstice Stamp Set.labels collection die cut apothecary art and sentiment from summer solstice

The stamped sentiment added to the Apothecary Art stamped labels collection Framelit is from the Summer Solstice Stamp Set.  Card stock used on today’s SQSC32 card share:  Confetti Cream, and Early Espresso.Espresso Brads, Solstice butterfly and tea stain ink

LOL… didn’t really like the way the butterfly body stamped out, so I added two gold brads… tinier mini silver brads would probably have worked better… but I liked the gold against Mocha Morning DSP too.

Commonly, when piercing with a mat pack and paper piercing tool, I go through at least two layers… that helps the paper lay flat and provides more room for gluing to the final layer.  Two piercing spaces were left between brad holes.An ablsolutely lovely chocolate chip double loop bow in upper left corner

Chocolate Chip 5/8” Satin Ribbon, tied into a pretty double loop bow was attached with three mini glue dots.Flat view of card profile for sqsc32 challenge by sharon field

Today’s card is so much prettier in person… sometimes it’s difficult to capture a stunning card with film and my PHD camera (push here dummy = PHD).  Of course today’s card would require additional postage (USPS 65 cent stamp) due to bulkiness and brads… but I think it is worth it don’t you?

Now… who would like to receive today’s card in the mail?  Leave a nice comment and I’ll announce the winner on Friday… then you can send me your snail address.  Oh, and you don’t have to reside in the continental US either… I’ll mail it wherever YOU are!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shopping List for Today’s…

Taking A Break with Apothecary Art SQSC32Online shopping list April 3rd SQSC32_040312_Sharon_field

Stamps:  Apothecary Art WM 125525, CM 125527; Summer Solstice WM 122024, CM 122037

Paper:  Mocha Morning Specialty DSP 122366, Early Espresso 119686, Confetti Cream 102835

Ink:  Early Espresso 119670, Distressing Essentials (Tea Stain Ink) 118762

Terrific Tools:  Labels Collection Framelits 125598, Mat Pack 105826, Paper Piercing Tool 116631, Stampin Sponge Wedge 101610

Awesome Accessories:  Gold Brads 104337, Neutrals Brads (early espresso) 119736, Chocolate Chip 5/8” Satin Ribbon 124327

Pin It!

14 comments:

Emma said...

Beautiful colour palette and the sentiment is so lovely also. Well done on such a beautiful card.

Elaine Wheeler said...

What beautiful stamps and and stamping Sharon , a lovely card Hugs Elaine

Lisa808 said...

Lovely card. Your bows are always so pretty and I like the look of the brads on the butterfly.

NancyS (momsnack) said...

I sometimes have trouble with monochromatic cards, but your CC ribbon sets it off. Beautiful card!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

That is gorgeous!! I really hope this dsp sticks around. I've never noticed if they ALL retire or not. I love the PHD camera. I have one of those too.

kanaka said...

Hi Sharon, I think I just ordered black ribbon for the first time so it's great to have this sample to CASE! PS -I loved the blossom builders too!

ellouise1969 said...

Luvin' the neutral tones in this card Sharon. Mocha Morningis such a stunning DSP. Alos love the small finishing touches.

Mimi777 said...

I just LOVE this card. I have this set, and it's always SO great to get new ideas for it!!
Thanks so much for sharing!!
Shirley K.

Ms Cookie said...

what a stunning card.... would be a wonderful masculine card by just changing the words... thank you for sharing your wonderful creativity....and for the opportunity to win .

Charlotte said...

Oh, this card is soooo elegant/classy! LOVE it! The Mocha Morning designer paper is gorgeous, and your chocolate chip double loop bow showcases it perfectly. The sentiment is so lovely, and I really like the gold brads you added to your butterfly, too. Overall, your card really is quite stunning. Hope I'm lucky enough to get to see it in person. {Love the description of your camera - ha/ha!}

Connie Smith said...

Love how you use some of the less obvious stamp sets and make something gorgeous!! Love it.. now I want it!!

craftnstamp said...

What an elegant & stunning card, Sharon! I LOVE the colours that you've used & the sentiment compliments it too. The style of the butterfly from Summer Solstice is a perfect adornment. (Must admit that I've never considered this stamp set until now!)

To be honest, the Apothecary Art stamp set had left me 'cold' as it was too busy for my liking, but seeing it used like this, I think I'm changing my mind.

Thanks for sharing your creative & inspirational ideas.
PS Would love to receive this card!!

Kelly Wentling said...

Stunning Sharon! I love your beautiful monochromatic card. The butterfly and chocolate bow are wonderful compliments. This looks like a classic design to be used for many different occasions. Love it!!

Terry Molineux said...

Sharon...what a beautiful card. I love your blog....all your designs and creations and
how you give step by step directions...I make it a point to stop in EVERY day! Thanks
for sharing with us.