Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Monochromatic Elements Of Style & Pearls

Good Morning!! It’s Wednesday, and time for another Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge!  This week’s challenge is a very clean and simple (CAS) design… but I’ve been on CAS overload lately and NEEDED to step it up a notch, LOL!

NEWS FLASH

This week, when you enter the Stampin’ Queens Challenge, you will also be entered into a Blog Candy Drawing!! 

Lamenting the loss of of a favorite stamp set at the end of next month:  Baroque Motifs… today’s card uses another similar image from the Elements of Style Stamp set.  It’s not quite as large as the Baroque Motifs soft swirled flourish, and has a few more flowers so I guess it will have to do until I get the new 2012-13 Idea Book & Catalog!SQSC35_Sharon_Field lots of pearls and a fun monochromatic card

Only three colors were used in today’s SQSC35 challenge:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Soft Suede.  I did use some terrific tools though… don’t you just love the Stampin’ Up! punches?random pearl jewels were added to the elements of style flourish

After inking the flourish in Soft Suede ink, it was stamped DTP (direct to paper) on Very Vanilla Card Stock.  To “step it up” a notch, basic pearls jewels were added sporadically to the stamped image.hostess happiest birthday wishes sentiment punched wtih two circle punches

“Happy Birthday” yields from the Happiest Birthday Wishes Hostess Stamp Set, and is one I use quite often.  The image is perfectly sized to use with a scallop circle punch but here I’ve stamped and punched it twice… once with a 1-3/4” circle punch and a 1-3/8” circle punch. 

The second image was added to the first using stampin’ dimensional pop dots and then tiny pearls were added too… Got to love those basic pearl jewels, hope they are not on the retired accessory list when it’s published on April 25th!!pretty double loop bow and pearls along eyelet border punched edge

Even the very vanilla card stock punched eyelet border accent was studded with pearls, and a pretty seam binding double loop bow was tied on my fingers and attached to the card front using several mini glue dots.  Using at least 3 mini glue dots on both knot and bow loops ensures that the bow doesn’t move or loosen.pearls, pearls and more pearls... even a string of pearls

LOL… got a little pearl crazy on today’s challenge card, not sure why I added this element… a proper bow has proper tails... or so says my friend who insists on dove tail cuts

But it is fun, don’t you think?  I have a friend who thinks no bow is complete unless it’s been finished with dove tail cuts…even her Christmas package bows are perfectly dove tailed.  Every now and then I remember to cut the tails of my bows properly but not always!!

LOL, I had to go look at the card after I viewed the last photo… the shadow made it appear that a third punch had been used.  Doesn’t it look like there’s a layer of crumb  cake card stock between the punched circles of the sentiment?  I promise you there isn’t one!SQSC35 - join the fun and play along with this fun challenge sketch

Here’s the sketch, you know the drill… create a card or scrap book page featuring today’s SQSC35 sketch, upload to your blog or an online forum and then visit the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge Blog to add the URL of your creation!

Don’t forget… play along with the design team this week and you will be entered in a drawing to win free blog candy!!  AND… this week there are TWO prizes!!

  • A Free “for the love of our parents” online class from Getting’ Crafty
  • A random collection of exclusive Stampin’ Up! Fabric.

Well… back to the drawing board, LOL I’ve pulled all the retired stamp sets from my shelf just to see what I’ve got left… yikes!!  May and June seem so far away!!

Thank you for visiting my blog, I appreciate your lovely comments and read each and every one of them!  I hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow to see something new and different!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my Online Stampin’ Up! Store for supplies used in today’s

Monochromatic Elements of Style & Pearls Card SQSC35shopping_List_SQSC35_Sharon_Field - 41812

Stamps:  Happiest Birthday Wishes (Hostess) WM 122615/ 122617 CM , Elements of Style WM 118611/ CM 120045

Papers:  Very Vanilla 100630, Crumb Cake 120953

Ink:  Soft Suede 115657

Terrific Tools:  1-3/4” circle punch 119850, 1-3/8” circle punch 119860, Eyelet Border Punch 119853

Awesome Accessories:  Mini Glue Dots 103683, Stampin’ Dimensional Dots 104430, Basic Pearl Jewels 119247, Crumb Cake Seam Binding 122332, craft scissors 108360, digits (my fingers)

Pin It!

10 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, Sharon, you have done it again! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Kelly Wentling said...

Just beautiful Sharon! I love the punched effect of the bithday sentiment. I wouldn't have thought to punch twice like you did. I love that! The added pearls are just perfect, especially with this monotone color scheme. I have to agree with your friend that the dove tails are polished looking. A very classy card.

Lisa808 said...

I never knew monochromatic could be so stunning! Beautiful card.

Gail S. said...

Sharon - stunning! I love making monochromatic cards :)

Angie said...

Great card. Love it!!!

craftyatamper said...

Love your monochromatic card. You are such a talented lady.

Fabiola said...

oh wouah qu'elle est élégante, biz

Charlotte said...

LOVE the soft colors you used on this monochromatic card! Really like the way you double punched your sentiment and raised the interior with dimensionals. It gives it so much more importance! And, I love all the pearls. They speak "elegance" when paired with the monochromatic color scheme. The overall effect is just gorgeous!

ellouise1969 said...

Love this set to bits and I like this card v v much Sharon. The pearls are lovely. Such an elegant card.

Thepolkadotcloset said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, never to many pearls!

Carol AKA The Polka Dot Closet