Friday, April 27, 2012

Got Coffee? Me too! Today’s Card Share…

Got Coffee, me too… I’m reformed though!!  LOL at one point in my life I drank coffee incessantly… to the point that I had jitters when I skipped.  Now I’m a one cup a day woman, how about you?

Today’s card features a to be discontinued stamp set and one of my favorites.. Happiness Shared.  This lovely desert rose stamp set is perfect for marker coloring or water coloring.  I’ve written super Saturday tutorials featuring Happiness Shared too… I will really miss this one!!happiness shared and perfect die cut paper doily with diagonally scored backgroundThe lovely desert rose, magnolia or bloom (what would you call it??)  was colored using blush blossom, Pretty In Pink, Melon Mambo stamping’ write markers.  For the most part I used the fine tip to color and outline accented areas.brads and pretty doily die cut

The focal image is highlighted with a basic black paper doily die cut from the big shot die cutting machine, a layer of melon mambo card stock and basic black brads perfectly placed using a mat pack and paper piercing tool.  CAN YOU BELIEVE SU! IS RETIRING THE MAT PACK… YIKES!!!  I think I use that terrific tool daily!!!  Check out my online stamping’ up store to order yours before the supply is depleted!!6 different markers were used to colorize the pretty magnolia bloom on today's card share

In addition to all the pink shaded stamping’ write markers, the leaves were shaded using certainly celery, pear pizzazz and old olive markers.  A light shadow was added around the actual bloom/image using retired pure color pencils… one of my favorite retired items from years past!three greens were used to color the leaves on the happiness shared stamped image

Using the fine point tip of the marker allows me more control when coloring leaves… layers of color create depth and texture.background texture created with diagonal score plate and organza ribbon knot aka bow

And the coup des grass… diagonal 1/2” scoring courtesy of the simply scored diagonal score plate which, coincidentally is a fabulously terrific tool for creating your own envelopes and envelope inserts!!! 

And… a simple knotted organza ribbon ‘bow’… just lovely don’t you think?

LOL… years ago, I created a convention swap using a popular wedding stamp set and diagonal scoring.  Believe me, the diagonal plate makes it a LOT easier than how I did it!!!

See you tomorrow with a new Super Saturday Tutorial feature.. lots of texture and fabulous fun card suitable for dimensional canvases and artists as well!

I look forward to reading your comments… some of you are so sweet and comment daily, I really love that!!  Big hugs to you all!!!

Hugs,

Sharon

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s….

Got Coffee… Me too card share featuring Happiness Shared!

Stamps:  Happiness Shared WM 118038 / CM 120534

Papers:  Basic Black 121045, Whisper White 100730, Pretty In Pink 111351

Ink:  Basic Gray 109120

Terrific Tools:  Mat Pack 105826, Paper Piercing Tool 116631, Big Shot Die Cutting Machine 113439, Paper Doily Die 125592, The Perfect Die Cut Shim

Awesome Accessories:  Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Stampin’ Write Marker Set 119806, Neutrals Brads 119736

Pin It!

6 comments:

Susan Carlson said...

I, too, could not believe that the MAT PACK is retiring. So, I called DS yesterday and the agent said that the mat pack was being reconfigured. But it is not designated as one of the items being reconfigured. Nevertheless, I am glad that I didn't buy a second set during SAB like I wanted to. I am DYING to see the new catty!!!

BTW - I used to never drink coffee. Now I'm a one-cup/day girl, too. Sometimes I'll have a half-decaf cup in the early afternoon. I am truly a danger to myself and others when under the influence of too much caffeine. Put it this way, you wouldn't want to be around me while I'm holding a paper piercing tool, LOL!

Lisa808 said...

I'm a tea drinker. Many cups per day!

Beautiful coloring of the flower.

Nbaxter said...

I aim for 2 - 3 cups of coffee a day - love anything coffee flavored. Decaf after 1:00 P. M. Just received Happiness Shared...what took me so long? Do you think SU is coming up with a new mat and piercing tool? I hope so; my mat is very holey. Love your work and blog! Nancy B

ellouise1969 said...

Registered Nurse = coffee-holic...however saying that....PC (post children) I drink a lot mote tea now. I like to strike a somewhat zzen like balance b'w coffee/tea and herbal tea. Nothing DOES beat that 1st coffe hit of the day tho!!!
This card is so wonderful Sharon. I love the small colouring detail. I must say...i am v v curious abt the Aussie retiring SU list...not out yet...but wow the Mat Pack??!! Because of that tool...i now actually embellish!!!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

That is soooooooo pretty! Hope DS told Susan right and they are reconfiguring the mat pack, hope it's at least card size. I knew the piercing tool had the * so was hoping for the mat pack.

I drank coffee all day long til the hiatel hernia hit. Now it's one really BIG cup when I get up. Sometimes I can't resist a bit of evening coffee, but I usually pay for it when I do.

Cindy Ware said...

This is gorgeous! The watercoloring is so beautiful!