Sunday, April 15, 2012

Field Flowers Favorites… 2 Cards 2 Ways!

Field Flowers is one of my current favorite stamp sets!  Today I’m sharing one basic card design and two cards, both are quick and easy ‘Clean and Simple’ (CAS) cards, hope you like them!three stamp sets plus two layers for a cas field flowers card

This is the second card made using Field Flowers… I simplified it a bit and meant to put a knotted ribbon on it but glued it down before attaching the ribbon, LOL… maybe I’ll make a third one!river rock ink and wonderfully worn background stamping

The background was stamped using River Rock ink and Wonderfully Worn background stamp.  The background stamp was slightly larger than the 3.5” x 4.75” vanilla card stock layer.en francais and sponging with pear pizzazz ink

After tearing a thin sheet of notebook paper at an angle, I placed it atop the vanilla card stock and stamped En Francais using Crumb Cake ink.  The lower right corner and lower edge of the card were also sponged using Pear Pizzazz classic ink.

alternatived background, and two field flowers This is the first card I made… with two flowers side by side.  The Very Vanilla card stock was matted with Pear Pizzazz before attaching to the Concord Crush card base. 

Field Flowers is a two-step stamp set and I just eyeballed the placement of the second stamped image… it’s a little off LOL.top stamped background with a spritz of wisteria wonder ink

After stamping the Wonderfully Worn background, I also used a Wisteria Wonder Marker and color spritzer tool to add a light spray of purple to the vanilla background.  Next time I may just break out the stamp-a-ma-jig!!

Which card do you like better?

See you tomorrow with two new cards in a CAS design!  Hope you’ll stop back by to say hi!

Hugs,
Sharon

Shop Online for supplies used in today’s..

Field Flowers Favorites… 2 cards 2 ways! Field_Flowers_041412_sharon_FieldSHaron_Field_041412

Stamps:  Field Flowers WM 122760/ CM 122762, Wonderfully Worn WM 118533, En Francais WM 109521

Papers:  Very Vanilla 101650, Concord Crush 119792, Pear Pizzazz 119795, Notebook Paper Scrap

Classic Inks:  Concord Crush 119785, Wisteria Wonder 122936, Pear Pizzazz 119784,  River Rock 1109010, Crumb Cake 121030, Old Olive 102277

Terrific Tools:  Color Spritzer Tool 107066, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig 101049 (optional)

Awesome Accessories:  Stampin’ Sponge Wedge 101610, 2011-13 In Color Markers 123002 123002

Pin It!

11 comments:

Libby Dyson said...

Gorgeous as always Sharon. I love the colours you've used. TFS

ColleenB. said...

Can't even pick a favorite as I like them both and they look great as is without the ribbon. Sometimes simple is best.
I like the simplicity and colors of both
ColleenB.

Patt Brantley said...

Love them both, especially the 2nd one. Simple and easy yet elegant. Thank you for sharing.

Lisa808 said...

They are both lovely, but I have to say I like the double flower best.

Pat said...

Gorgeous!!

Deborah Skinner said...

Love them both - but I might give the double flower the edge, but not by much!

Kelly Wentling said...

Love them both Sharon, but the first one wins for me. I love how you did the En Francais at the bottom corner and the background flecks. I like all your little details on this card, it's a winner in my book!

Charlotte said...

Both cards are WOW cards! Hard to pick which one is lovlier! Absolutely LOVE the way you used the color spritzer with the marker to add color to the background, and tearing the paper at an angle and then stamping provides so much more interest. Thanks for providing such great ideas.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Beautiful! Love how you did the en francais on a diagonal corner. I'm so glad field flowers isn't retiring. Don't have that one yet, but I love it. The wonderfully worn was the perfect bg for this too.

Katherinerock said...

Beautiful cards - I love the Wonderfully Worn background - sad to see it go :(

ellouise1969 said...

Oh I am so torn over this set Sharon!!!! Seeing stunning cards like this does not help at all!!! I love them both...so beautiful and elegant.