Monday, April 23, 2012

Fabulous Florets and Faux Water Coloring

Fabulous Florets and Faux Water Coloring… I was going to save this card to use as part of next weeks’ Super Saturday Tutorial, but it’s so easy-peasy I couldn’t wait to share it.

Today’s card features the Fabulous Florets and Friendly Phrases stamp sets along with Summer Smooches Designer Series Paper from Stampin’ Up!1._fabulous florets water coloring and friendly phrasesLayers of color were used on the card as well as the stamped floret image… complimentary in old olive, early espresso and of course, whisper white.2.mat pack used for perfect placement and spacing of bradsYou usually see a grouping of three brads on cards, but today’s long panel focal image seemed to cry out for a couple more.  Here I’ve added a row of 5 brads using my mat pack and paper piercing tool for precision placement and spacing.faux watercolor technique with markers dtpFaux water coloring results were achieved by coloring the flower first with a lighter, pretty in pink marker and then tracking the outer edges using the brush tip of a Regal Rose marker.  Similarly, the leaves were colored with certainly celery and old olive markers.  Just before stamping, the image was re-hydrated with a breath of warm air.A Little Rhinestone Bling and paper daisy added to sentiment from friendly phrases stamp setFriendly Phrases “happy day to you” was inked in color coordinating rich razzleberry ink, and stamped dtp (direct to paper.)rich razzleberry ink to stamp sentiment matches sumemr smooches dspA tiny paper daisy added to the lower right corner of the sentiment is topped with a tiny basic rhinestone jewel… a little bling for an otherwise soft and sweet card.

A little off topic… but I hope these two accessories make the cut when the retired accessories list is published in two more days!!  They’re some of my favorites, although I bet the paper daisies won’t… what do you think? a little knotted ribbon in pretty in pink complimentary colors As a finishing touch, Pretty In Pink 5/8” satin ribbon was knotted and tied across the layered background complimenting the colors of the flower panel.

Off to my stamp room… LOL I’m running out of cards and stuff to share, must create more.  I look forward to reading your wonderful sweet comments, and hope you’ll stop back by tomorrow!

Hugs,

Sharon

For your convenience… shop my online stampin’ Up! store to have your exclusive supplies delivered to your door!  You can contact me to place your order too!  Psst.. don’t forget to check out the clearance rack for great deals on retired and/or discontinued product too!

Supplies used in today’s…

Fabulous Florets and Faux Water Coloring CardShopping_042312_shopping_list_createdbyu_stampin_up_store

Stamps:  Fabulous Florets WM /CM , Friendly Phrases WM /CM

Paper:  Summer Smooches DSP 125409, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Whisper White

Ink:  Rich Razzleberry

Terrific Tools:  Mat Pack , Paper Piercing Tool

Awesome Accessories:  Metallic Brads , Pretty In Pink 5/8” Satin Ribbon, Pretty In Pink Stampin’ Write Marker , Regal Rose Stampin’ Write Marker , Certainly Celery Stampin’ Write Marker , Old Olive Stampin’ Write Marker , Paper Daisies , Basic Rhinestones Jewels , Stampin’ Dimensionals

Pin It!

10 comments:

Libby Dyson said...

I love this. Definitely a technique I will be trying soon. TFS

Kelly Wentling said...

Beautiful Sharon! I like this stamped image with the dsp you used. Boy, the geometric patterns are really hot right now. I'm thinking the paper flowers won't make it too. I'm sure there will be something fabulous in their place though.

Susan Carlson said...

Love your creation! I hope that the paper daisies hang on for at least another year because I just bought some last month and haven't opened the pack! If they are going to retire, I'll make sure to use them at my "Going, Going, Gone!" stamp camp next month.

Lisa808 said...

Beautiful card! Love the colors. I would say the rhinestones will definitely make it to the next catalog, but no sure about the flowers.

Stamper0910 said...

OMG, love this card.. The colors are great and the DSP is perfect.
TFS,
Barb S (FL)

Lynn Wollenberg said...

That is just beautiful! I may just have to copy it.

craftnstamp (Sydney) said...

What an elegant card, Sharon. Love the colours (even though I'm not a "pink" person ~ you've done a great job, once again. Thanks for sharing your creative ideas with us.

Charlotte said...

Another fabulous card! Love the colors you used - and, your faux water coloring is fantastic! Like the 5 brads with the longer panel, and the bling you've added to your flower is perfect!

ellouise1969 said...

Oh I love this idea Sharon. Amazing how such a small detail of colour can make such a difference. So v v well done.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

That's really pretty. Love the colors.