Friday, April 20, 2012

Bright Blossoms, CAS 3-D Gable Box

Today’s Bright Blossoms CAS 3-D Gable Box Share had two inspiration sources…

  • A printed gift tag which we received at the Stampin’ Up! Leadership Conference held in San Antonio, Texas
  • A recent free tutorial post by fellow demo friend Debi Pippin for a quick and easy 3-d Gable Box.

Here’s the printed tag which I kept to someday replicate… LOL when I received this month’s exclusive “Summer Smooches” special offering… I had to do it!  The images on the inspiration tag were part of the Bright Blossoms Stamp Set… the same one used in yesterday’s To my Friend card share/post HERE.

Inspiration tag from san antonio texas leadership conference

And… here’s my gable box using Debi’s template and tutorial along with the Simply Scored Board!Gable box almost 5" tall using debi's tutorial

LOL… forgot to add tiny peach parfait dots to the whisper white card stock, and the pacific point dots to the turquoise rose!  The large red dots were made using an unused kindergarten pencil… you know those big chunky ones?  I use them as rubber stamps all the time!side view of gable box 3 d project

Here’s the side view the box which is 3.5” wide, 2” deep and just under 5” tall.  Basic Rhinestone Jewels were added to the centers of each rose to bling in a similar fashion to the original tag.close the gable box with a simple tied ribbon and bow

And the box was tied closed using a length of pool party ruffled ribbon… I really hate that SU retires the in-color ribbon each year… maybe this year they’ll surprise us.  The retired accessory list comes out on April 25th Winking smile be sure to check it out!

I hope you enjoyed today’s 3-d Gable Box and inspiration photo… be sure to stop by Debi’s Blog and tell her I sent you!  I look forward to reading your comments!

Hugs,

Sharon

Shop my Online Stampin’ Up! Store for Supplies Used for today’s…shop_online_For_Paper_ink_Supplies_Createdbyu

Bright Blossoms, CAS 3-D Gable Box Project

Stamps:  Bright Blossoms WM 125495 / CM 125497

Papers:  Whisper White 12” x 12” Card Stock 124302

Inks:  Tempting Turquoise 100814, Pool Party 122938, Real Red 103133, Lucky Limeade 122935, Old Olive 102277

Terrific Tools: Simply Scored Board 122334, bone folder 102300, Large Oval Punch 119855

Awesome Accessories:  Basic Rhinestones Jewels 119246, Pool Party Ruffled Ribbon 122975

Pin It!

5 comments:

Lisa808 said...

Sharon, you are so creative and your box is so pretty.

ellouise1969 said...

Sharon...it looks brilliant. One Q tho...on the linked template, the sides have diagonal scores on them. Did u amend the sides?? It looks great either way. I love Gable Boxes

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Love this! I often use regular pencil erasers for stamps, cheeks etc, but totally forgot about those huge kiddy pencils! Gotta get me a couple of those!

Charlotte said...

Ohhhh! LOVE your gable box! It's so bright and cheery! I started using unused pencil erasers to create flowers for my cards while I was living in Kenya (and had no access to stamps). Still ink them up, and use them occassionally.

Libby Dyson said...

I love this gable box Sharon and your stamping. TFS