I love the crisp, clean colors in this April Club Member Card! Stamped images from Bright Blossoms and sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes were done in Real Red and Lucky Limeade Classic Inks.
Generally I suggest stamping then punching out images… but for this club card I found it worked better to punch and then stamp the 1” squares since the images are on two different stamps. Alternatively, I could have pre-mounted the image onto an acrylic block, but have noticed some stamper remove the images or knock them off the block. Punching first resolved this issue.
Each 1” square stamped image was then attached directly to a postage stamp punched background in Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, or Real Red and attached to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensional dots.
Tiny rhinestone jewels were colored with a yellow sharpie marker and attached to each blossom and alongside the word window punched “happy birthday” sentiment.
A nice knot of daffodil delight satin ribbon separates the summer smooches designer series paper and polka dot embossed whisper white layer…
This pretty petite purse is a new exclusive Bigz die. After running the die and card stock through your big shot die cutting machine, you will have two die cut pieces… the purse body, and a handle. I prefer to have a handle that swivels, and attached the handle with mini silver brads.
Today’s Tips For Paper Crafters…
Assembling the Petite Purse Bigz Die Item #125606
- Always use the Standard Premium Crease Pad (#113476) in place of the top clear cutting plate.
- Dependent upon your particular die cutting machine, you may need a Mylar or card stock shim beneath the die…. if it’s not cutting all the way through, you need a shim.
- Bone fold all scored lines prior to assembly… this is especially important long the top flap edge of the purse.. if not folded, it will not close properly. Bone Folding scored lines also makes assembly easier
- Use a strong adhesive to secure the two purse flaps… Sticky Strip or Multipurpose Adhesive works well. In Florida, where it can be quite humid, I prefer to use Multipurpose Adhesive!
- If you’d like a little ruffle trim on your purse flap, cut a 6” strip using the dotted scalloped ribbon border punch, cut it in half, and then snip every 1/8” along the flat edge so that it will curve with the flap.
- Use the tips of your Snips to open the slit in the purse body… it will be easier to close your petite purse.
- Fill your petite purse with lip balm, 5 chocolate nuggets, or other candies… it actually holds quite a bit!
Tomorrow I’ll share a fun fancy fold card featuring the summer smooches Designer Series Papers, I hope you’ll stop by to say hi!
I look forward to reading your comments!
Order from my Stampin’ up! Store to have your exclusive items delivered to your door!
Shopping List for today’s Card Project:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes WM 115370, Bright Blossoms WM 125495 or CM 125497
Papers: Summer Smooches 125589, Whisper White 100730, Daffodil Delight 119683, Lucky Limeade 122926, Real Red 102482
Ink: Real Red 103133, Lucky Limeade 122935
Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine 113439, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder , 1” square punch 124094, Postage Stamp Punch 122344, Modern Label Punch 119849, Word Window Punch 119857
Awesome Accessories: Daffodil Delight 5/8” Satin Ribbon (discontinued), Stampin’ Dimensional Dots 104430, Basic Rhinestones Jewels 119246, Yellow Sharpie Permanent Marker
Petite Purse Project
Papers: Island Indigo 122923, Whisper White 110730
Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine 113439, Standard Premium Crease Pad 113476, Petite Purse Bigz Die 125606, Mat Pack 105826, Paper Piercing Tool 116631, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (flower punch) 118309, Dotted Scalloped Ribbon Border Punch 119275
Awesome Accessories: Multipurpose Adhesive 110755 OR Sticky Strip 104294, Mini Silver Brads 122941