There are two natural disasters which I fear more than any other… Tornados and Tsunamis! My heart and prayers to out to all those who have been so seriously impacted by recent storms… to whatever degree, they always take a piece of your being!!
Today’s Super Saturday Tutorial will be posted a bit later in the day due to a very eventful day beginning at 330am… LOL. Had a very full agenda yesterday and didn’t really get back home to post until 530pm! All things I do to myself, but rest assured I enjoyed every moment!!
In the mean time, I don’t want to disappoint my morning coffee blog readers… so I’ll share a quick card just for you, and be back in just a couple hours with a brand new super Saturday tutorial too! So, grab that first cup of morning coffee and read on!!
Appropriately named, today’s CAS (clean and simple) 5-minute card features the “Morning Cup” stamp set!
The percolator was colored using water color crayons, then quickly brushed over with a water loaded aqua painter (water pen). After the color dried, tiny white dots were added to the lower portion and knob on the lid using a white gel pen.
LOL, I tried to eyeball the stamp placement for the sweet coffee cup and wasn’t too pleased with the results… should have used a stamp-ma-jig instead! Not wanting to start the card all over again, I opted for a creative opportunity!
- colored the coffee cup handle with a white gel pen
- stamped the coffee cup again onto whisper white card stock
- added polka dots and colored the heart with a melon mambo stampin write marker
- cut out the image with snips (scissors)
- glued atop the original image… really quick fix and creative opportunity to correct an otherwise trashed card!
A lovely brad bow featuring polka dot scallop dotted ribbon was added atop a length of ribbon on the lace border punch using three mini glue dots to hold it securely in place.
Today’s Tips for Paper Crafters:
- To prevent raveling of brad bow ribbon ends, an electric match (those things you use to light candles and charcoal grills) was used to singe the ends of the ribbon… sealed, delivered, no raveling!
Be sure to check back later today for a new Super Saturday Tutorial from Created By You! I look forward to reading your comments….
Enjoy that coffee!