Saturday, March 3, 2012

Your Morning Cup of Coffee, and Tutorial

There are two natural disasters which I fear more than any other… Tornados and Tsunamis!  My heart and prayers to out to all those who have been so seriously impacted by recent storms… to whatever degree, they always take a piece of your being!!

Today’s Super Saturday Tutorial will be posted a bit later in the day due to a very eventful day beginning at 330am… LOL.   Had a very full agenda yesterday and didn’t really get back home to post until 530pm!  All things I do to myself, but rest assured I enjoyed every moment!!

In the mean time, I don’t want to disappoint my morning coffee blog readers… so I’ll share a quick card just for you, and be back in just a couple hours with a brand new super Saturday tutorial too!  So, grab that first cup of morning coffee and read on!!P1110471

Appropriately named, today’s CAS (clean and simple) 5-minute card features the “Morning Cup” stamp set!P1110477

The percolator was colored using water color crayons, then quickly brushed over with a water loaded aqua painter (water pen).  After the color dried, tiny white dots were added to the lower portion and knob on the lid using a white gel pen.P1110473

LOL, I tried to eyeball the stamp placement for the sweet coffee cup and wasn’t too pleased with the results… should have used a stamp-ma-jig instead!  Not wanting to start the card all over again, I opted for a creative opportunity!

  • colored the coffee cup handle with a white gel pen
  • stamped the coffee cup again onto whisper white card stock
  • added polka dots and colored the heart with a melon mambo stampin write marker
  • cut out the image with snips (scissors)
  • glued atop the original image… really quick fix and creative opportunity to correct an otherwise trashed card!

P1110474

A lovely brad bow featuring polka dot scallop dotted ribbon was added atop a length of ribbon on the lace border punch using three mini glue dots to hold it securely in place.

Today’s Tips for Paper Crafters:

  • To prevent raveling of brad bow ribbon ends, an electric match (those things you use to light candles and charcoal grills) was used to singe the ends of the ribbon… sealed, delivered, no raveling!

Be sure to check back later today for a new Super Saturday Tutorial from Created By You!  I look forward to reading your comments….

Enjoy that coffee!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

6 comments:

Kelly Wentling said...

Very cute Sharon! I like how you colored the pot adding dots just at the bottom. I would have never known about you mishap had you not pointed that out too. Thank you for all your work you put into your tutorials. I think it's okay to take a week off now and then but you always provide us with something, even late. We will always be here Sharon. Just wanted you to know that. Have a wonderful weekend!

Ellen Parker said...

HAHA Sharon, you caught me! Just got my first cup of coffee and sat down to read your blog; and giggled when I saw what you wrote.

Your card is just too cute! I love your coloring details and was happy to know that I am not the only one who covers up mistakes :)

Have a great weekend.
hugs,
Ellen

Fabiola said...

qu'elle est chou! biz

Lisa808 said...

Cute card. I like the ribbon along the punched border.

Matilde Hanna said...

Very cute card Sharon and thanks for the quick fix lesson - we all do them! Its good to keep in mind they are not mistakes, just creative thinking opportunities!

ellouise1969 said...

Very cute card Sharon, but please forgive me...I am sitting her on a Sunday AM with a cup of tea as opposed to coffee....which will happen LATER. I find it v v interesting how other crafters deal with their boo boos. TFS and making ur readers smile.