Tuesday, March 13, 2012

UDI78 Beautiful Hostess Stamp Set!

How do YOU approach color challenges?  Personally, I get out the challenge color card stock and start shuffling them until they look appealing to me…. then I add images, punches, ribbon and embellishments.  Sometimes the shuffled card stock stays on my work table for days, unappealing and dismally long days.

Today’s color combination almost met that fate… but after trying one more card stock shuffle, the layout appeared.  Color coordinated layers magically displayed themself, and all I had to do was add a hand stamped and colored image!UDI78_Sharon_Field

In the months before a new Idea Book and Catalog is published by Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators are given little sneak peaks and previews of SOME of the new art work.  During the preview period, we’re also given a discounted buy now option for new catalog stamp sets, products and hostess items as well.  The selection is very limited, and in my years as a demonstrator I have learned that the sneak peek is just the tip of the iceberg…

Wait for it… that’s my new mantra.  I’ve always told my downline team members to buy what THEY love… not what’s popular, and Wait for it goes along with that philosophy too!!P1110815_31312_pear_faith_in_Nature

The new stamp sets we haven’t seen are the ones I will ALWAYS buy!!  This particular image is from the “Faith in Nature” 5 piece stamp set found on page 13 of the 2011-12 Idea Book And Catalog.  I don’t believe it was a preview item but definitely a must have for me!!

Now, “Wait for it…” that lesson didn’t come easily!!  After getting caught up in the demo chatter and frenzy for my first couple years as a demo, I’ve come to know that “wait for it..” is the attitude I need to adopt.

YES… the new catalog release sets are fresh, YES, maybe I’m bored with the IB&C right now (thank goodness for the mini catalogs, right?)… P1110818_Lace_Border_puncheD_accent

So, where is this chatter going?  LOL… I fell in love with this hostess only stamp set the MOMENT I saw it… I love the artisan layered appeal of the images, adding depth and dimension to the image is relatively easy weather you are using an aqua painter, water color crayons, pencils and Gamasol (odorless paint thinner)…. or even markers!5._double_loop_Bow_tied_on_my_fingers_you_can_Do_this_too_P1110816

Kind of a wimpy double loop bow, huh?  LOL… should have straightened that out  before photographing it but you know… LIFE HAPPENS!!  (And thank God we’re alive, right?!?!UDI78_createdbyuBlogspot

So… here’s today’s inspiration prompt for the Utah Divas International Color Challenge!!  Not sure I like the long waist apron… but I do like the larger motif and colors! 

Come play along with the Utah Divas International Design team this week… we’d love to see what you do with these colors.  Looking at the prompt right now, I can see a bright sunny day, children running in a grassy field… Michelle Zindorf… why don’t you take a whack at that in between you very busy schedule?  LOL, just kidding my friend!!

See you tomorrow with a new challenge and card from the SQSC design team.  I thank you for your lovely comments, and look forward to reading your comments.

Please contact ME to book your catalog book party or in home demo… or to sign up as a part of my demonstrator team!  Signing up to become a demo is so simple and easy… weather you’re a business demo or a hobbyist, you’ll love the discounts and previews we receive. 

Book a party this month and you’ll earn extra bonus items PLUS we’ll have a great evening or afternoon with crafty friends new and old!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

Susan Shuler said...

This is gorgeous. Love the clean and simple design that has a feeling of elegance to it. One of my favorite hostess sets.

Ellen Parker said...

What a pretty card!!!! I love that color combo and I can see why you fell in love with that stamp! It is beautiful...
hugs,
Ellen

Charlotte said...

Beautiful card. Very artistic. This is one of my favorite stamp sets - just wish it wasn't a hostess set. Like the punched border peaking from underneath your matted image.

ellouise1969 said...

I can give you a perspective fm a customers point of view re hype and liking and waiting!!!! I was told by a Demo friend that the current catty wld "blow my mind"...it didn't sadly...and she cld not u'stand why. I dutifully looked at all the sets that demo's made things with....but I cld not get into them at all....simply...they were not me. I waited. I purchased the stuff that I liked (all 3 items) and used them to death...as I felt an affinity to them. I waited to see if anything else jumped at me....4mths....8mths...NUP. I am sincerely hoping the new catty will appeal. I have not even purchased the new 2012/13 in colours....but they are (very very slowly) growing on me.
The set you have used today is one I appreciate and I do really like what you have done with it. I am a massive fan of the punch.

Sharon Field said...

Fortunately, we all have different stamping styles!! Sometimes the new catty sets grow on me as I discover other ways to use them.... and my particular 'style' changes with the wind... I love the perfect die cut shim kit with the new paper doily die. We're all different,it's a good thing.. imagine a world of clones!!
Thanks for leaving a comment!!
Hugs!!
Sharon

Sharon Field said...

Thank you Charlotte! I hear that a lot about the hostess sets! I suppose my friends at willow house, pampered chef and scentsy hear the same things, LOL!!

Kelly Wentling said...

Beautiful Sharon! Great cas design and perfect use of colors. How did you decide to color the image on this card?

Elizabeth Harris said...

It's a gorgeous card, Sharon!

Patrice H said...

Lovely color combination I think that pear is perfect and the focal image on this card too!