Thursday, March 8, 2012

Two Birthday Cards On Your Birthday

Not the cards I was planning on posting today, but hand a ton errands to run after this month’s First Wednesday Card Club meeting!!

Speaking of Club… we had a ton of fun this month!! Members made three cards and an Easter Bunny Treat too… Lots of fun, and laughter, LOL it got pretty loud for a while too!  How much noise can a bunch of stampers make?  The answer is A LOT!!1.masculine card on your birthday

The first card today features autumn colors, taking cues from the Well Worn Designer Series Paper (DSP).  2.dts_markered_image_punhced_With_oval_punch

The stamped focal image is from the On Your Birthday Stamp Set and included the faux stitching around the image.  The stamp was colored using markers, and then punched with the Extra Large Wide Oval Punch.3.brads_placement

Five gold brads were added to the DSP… looking at it in the photo I suddenly realized that instead of evenly spacing them using a mat pack and paper piercing tool, I probably should have simply pierced the center of each circle and added a gold brad… DUH!! 

Funny how you see things in photos that you don’t see in the heat of a stamping frenzy!!4.faux_stitched_brushed_gold_card_Stock

Just for fun, I carried a faux stitching element onto the brushed gold card stock… eyeballing placement of the pierced holes.   I could have made it easier on myself by using a round piece of plastic canvas works fairly well, or a smaller circle punched card stock centered in the gold circle to use as a guide… but not this time!5.poppy_parade_basic_Black_VV_Birthday

I’m on a poppy parade kick lately… it seems to be my go-to card stock these days… LOL, even made an Easter card using poppy parade the other day.  I think I’m beginning to panic about losing poppy parade…. as the plan is to drop all the 2010-12 in-colors when the new catalog launches June 1.

Tomorrow’s card is lots of fun… and the one I originally planned to share today.  After sharing it with club members, they all wanted to know WHEN we would be making it Winking smile and tomorrow I’ll tell you (and them) the class date!

I look forward to reading your comments… be sure to enter this week’s Blog Candy Give Away!!  Details on the Blog Candy Give Away can be reviewed HERE… YOU can win one of three prizes in the give away, and there’s still time to enter!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

Ellen Parker said...

Good morning Sharon! I love both of your cards. They are fantastic.

I got the shim and LOVE it!! Thanks so much. Now I have to learn about this mat pack you speak of =O
hugs,
Ellen

Susan Carlson said...

Love your birthday cards! I'm planning a masculine card class. You first card would work really well with it. Love how you knotted the twine/thread. carlson_susan at hotmail dot com

Lorican said...

Hind sight is 20/20! Great cards! We always find improvement when we look back. You do great work no since in looking back is what I am trying to say. Look forward to tomorrows post!
Enjoy,
Candy

Kathy Mc said...

Great cards, Sharon, and always appreciate the "tips" you share. We're our own worst critics, aren't we? They both look awesome! Thanks for another chance to win.
bdlakebum at yahoo dot com

Kelly Wentling said...

Hi Sharon! These are great! I love the colors of the first card, good for either gender. I like the 5 flowers on the second card and their placement. You will need to stock up on your fav poppy parade color!! ; )

Charlotte said...

As always, both of your cards are super! I especially LOVE the sentiment on your first card. {And, I found the tip about using the plastic canvas to help with faux stitching helpful.} I especially find black/red/white cards classy, and find that I tend to use those colors quite frequently {especially for my daughter and son-in-law who are Georgia Bulldog fans - ha/ha}. Can't wait to see tomorrow's fun card.

Darlene L said...

I like the stitch look with it not being so perfect--more realistic I think. All of the cards are great. Looking forward to tomorrow's card. I had a hard time getting your blog to open this morning, but everything is working fine for me now. Computers--don't you just love them. Darlene
thestampinglady at gmail dot com

Carolyn S said...

Great masculine card, and poppy parade is one of my favorites, too. thanks for sharing.

ellouise1969 said...

Love these bold and brash cards Sharon. I have eyed off Well Worn, but alas am STILL procrastinating....LOL (go figure)!! The faux stitching rocks!!