Wednesday, March 14, 2012

SQSC30 Simple Borderlines and Newsprint

Yesterday was a milestone for this little blog… around 9am the visitor counter turned to 1 Million!!  Wow… I’ve been stumbling through blogging for five years, and can honestly say I never thought that day would come. 

Over the years blogging has gotten easier in some ways, and more complicated in others.  I have gleaned advice and tips from others, but want to thank two very wonderful people who gave me help and tips along the way, who continue to mentor me and are like sisters to me.

Tee Thompson of Green Isles Crafts!  Tee helped me customize my blog template, refreshed my html skills, has helped me put together videos and given me homework too LOL. 

My brayer bud… Michelle Zindorf!  Michelle has mentored me at my most down moments, encouraged me and given priceless advice (LOL not to mention fabulous lessons on how to use a brayer!!)

Thanks to everyone who has left comments… and who have emailed me encouragement too.  From the bottom of my heart.. it’s really wonderful to have such kind, dear and sincere friends!

{BIG HUGS}

Today’s Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge design stumped me… totally.  The sketch is quite simple with horizontal bands of ribbon and paper.  LOL, I had NO clue what to do!

So.. I just stamped.  Whenever I’m confused, I study the stamps on my shelves, select a few and STAMP.  My downline team members know that’s my solution to stamping drought… just add ink and stamp!SQSC30_Sharon_Field

Kind of blah… but it’s growing on me, LOL!!Borderlines_very vanilla stamped images

This card was made in under 5 minutes… using all three images from the Borderlines stamp set… just stamped them on scraps of very vanilla card stock, darkened the edges with a basic black marker, and stuck them DTP (direct to paper) on the newsprint!  LOL, didn’t even worry about having a perfectly stamped image as I wanted a  more distressed and vintage look.double_loop+Bow_seam_Binding_tutorial

When in doubt, just stick on a double loop bow, right?  LOL, that’s not exactly what I was thinking… I thought the card needed some brads or bling and opted instead for an easy solution:  a double loop bow tied on my fingers!sentiment, stamped

Today’s sketch called for a sentiment along the bottom edge… so I added one and punched it out, slipping it beneath the scallop border punched edge.SQSC30_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot

A rainbow of color bands would have been nice… or maybe different coordinating designer series papers?  But deadlines are deadlines, and droughts are droughts… LOL that too has passed. 

Hope you’ll play along with us this week at the stampin’ queens sketch challenge design team!  You know the drill!

Made a bunch more Perfect Die Cut Shim Kits this weekend, LOL.. contact me to get yours!! 

Big Hugs… and stay tuned for an announcement later this week to celebrate the 1 million milestone.  I think you’ll like it!

Winking smile

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

16 comments:

Annette said...

WOW Sharon. Congratulations on passing the million visitor milestone. Your blog is such an inspiration that it is no surprise. Here's to the next million. Keep up the great work.

Susan Carlson said...

Congrats on the 1 million hits. I've been reading it for at least three years - and sent customers here several times. Keep up the great work - blogging and creating!!!

froebelsternchen said...

Congrats.. but no wonder.. great artistic blog!
Happy to follow!
xxx Susi

RuthieB76137 said...

Congratulations!!!!!!! I know I am at least 10,000 of those views!!!!

Gilbertsonvi said...

Congrats on the MILLION mark!!!!!! I seldom write but enjoy ALL of your efforts.
Thanks ----the old farmgirl.

ellouise1969 said...

Sincere congrats on such a massive milestone Sharon....I am only new to your blog, but i love what I see when ur post turn up in my inbox!!
I love the quirky nature of ur card....and the neutral palate. Sometimes the best starts can come fm not knowing really where to go.

Teressa Thompson said...

Awww thanks hon.. you know I love mucking about in the code behind your site! *wink*

TX JennyWren said...

Congrats on your 1 million hits milestone!! Wow!! Love to see your blog post each day.

Elaine Wheeler said...

Gorgeous card Sharon Love it
Hugs Elaine well done on the Million

Charlotte said...

WOW! Just had to congratulate you on reaching the one million mark! That's awesome! Also want to thank you for all the time/talent/energy/dedication you put into providing daily tips and inspiration for us. I know how hard it is for me to even get to the computer some days, so I really appreciate your commitment!

Sylvia said...

Big congrats on your million hits!! I am a faithful follower and if I get stumped on something or my mojo is gone I come here and look around. You do a great job on here and I appreciate all you do.

Carolee Crabb said...

Congratulations!

Lisa808 said...

Congratulations on the awesome milestone!

Cindy Ware said...

Congrats on your millionth hit!!! And blogging sounds harder than you lead me to believe! lol. Nice card, too.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Congrats!! That's wonderful. Not surprised, you have a great blog!!

Patrice H said...

Oh My Stars Sharon!!! That is so cool Wow a Million Hits is awesome. No wonder you have provided us with such an array of Eye Candy , Knowledge and Inspiration it is no wonder! Well done my friend, Well Done!