Last week I was making balloon clusters. Sometimes you just get on a roll, right? Today’s card share features three small oval punched and popped daffodil delight balloons, and the Not So Seriously Stamp Set from Stampin’ Up!
Today’s card is another variation of the flip flap tri fold gift card tutorial, inspired by my demo friend Karen Potts.
Although today’s card was originally designed for the March First Wednesday Card Club meeting, the I scrapped the design as it was better suited for a class than the club and ladies lunch meeting format… which reminds me… LOL next week is the April meeting YIKES!!
There are a lot of tiny little details on this card…
- Balloon tails were cut from scraps of daffodil delight card stock.
- Balloons were commented with a white gel pen.
- Bakers Twine balloon strings were added with dimensional dots.
- A bunny ear bow was tied around the string tails simulating the balloon bouquet tied and anchored to the pretty birthday gift bag.
- Card stock layers with rounded corners and daffodil delight doodling along edges.
Today’s Tips For Paper Crafters:
- If you want a larger or smaller curve than your corner punch produces, use a sanding block.
- For a smaller curve, simple use the sanding block directly on the corner of the card stock
- For a larger curve, punch first, and then sand to increase the curve.
- If accuracy and consistency is a BIG thing… create a template curve from card stock first and align on each corner as you sand.
- The inside flap was stamped with “I got something fabulous for your birthday” in basic gray classic ink.
- The inside and front flap were then embossed using the perfect polka dots textured impressions folder and big shot die cutting machine.
- A length of Daffodil delight 1/8” taffeta ribbon was added and topped with a bunny ear bow too.
Inside the card… “and I’m thoroughly enjoying it” for a fun, sweet and sassy birthday greeting!
Wow… this is the very LAST week of Sale-A-Bration, which means we have a little more than a month before the release of the Summer Mini Catalog and brand new stamps, paper, and crafting supplies… If you haven’t collected all of your free Sale-a-bration stamp sets, visit my online stampin’ up store to have your exclusive supplies delivered to your door!
Don’t forget to leave a comment on today’s post… I’m giving away blog candy to celebrate the 1 millionth visitor to my blog and my newest design team appointment as part of the spring and summer Splitcoaststampers CreativeCrew!! Read THIS Post for all the details.
See you tomorrow with a fresh new card design… I look forward to reading your comments!
Shop my Online Stampin’ Up! Store for supplies used in today’s pretty yellow birthday balloon tri fold card!
Stamps: Not So Seriously
Papers: Beyond the Garden Designer Series Paper 122342, Whisper White 100730, Daffodil Delight 119683
Inks: Basic Gray Classic Ink 109120
Terrific Tools: Big Shot Die Cutting Machine 113439, Perfect Polka Dots Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 117335, Small Oval Punch 120908, Corner Rounder 119871, Sanding Block 124304, Craft Scissors 108360
Awesome Accessories: White Gel Pen 105021, Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Write Marker 119667, Stampin’ Dimensionals 104430, Mini Glue Dots 103683, Daffodil Delight 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon 119254