Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Natures Walk UDI79 Shades Of Blue!

Today’s Utah Divas International Color Challenge features shades of blue:  Baja Breeze, Night Of Navy, Bashful Blue and Whisper White.

I’ll be leaving the UDI design team at the end of this month.. I hope you’ve enjoyed their challenges and will continue to visit both the divas’ blog, and mine!

As March winds down, we’re coming towards the end of Sale-A-Bration too… If you haven’t collected all your freebies, be sure to check out my online stampin’ up!  store and have your exclusive merchandise delivered to your door!UDI79_Sharon_FIeld_natures_walk_5_)minute_Card

Our color cue looked a bit blah for today’s challenge, LOL and it was one of those where I had not clue or direction.  Then I picked up a scrap of Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper and it became clear.  This card was put together in just 5 minutes!natures walk image up close and brad accessories

The lovely image is from the Natures Walk Stamp Set.  It was stamped in Always Artichoke Ink, and then colored with bashful blue and old olive markers.

The background was embossed using the square lattice textured impressions embossing folder and big shot die cutting machine… I think that’s become my most favorite stampin up embossing folder!

LOL… the three brads were added last minute, seemed to balance the skewed image. species no.147

Number 147… it’s part of the Natures Walk Stamp set… a lot of people ask me what that’s supposed to mean, I think it’s the species number for the bird in the stamp set but I’m really not too sure!

The stamped no.147 was punched using the narrow punch end of the decorative label punch and a second layer of night of navy card stock was punched and mounted behind the stamped image.UDI79_createdbyuBlogspot_color_Challenge

When I first saw this color challenge, I thought I’d use my brayer and do a natural scene of some sort… that’s kind of why I chose the Natures’ Walk stamp set.  LOL, pressed for time and because of a busy schedule, I opted instead to do a 5 minute card.  Hope you liked it!

Join the Utah Divas International Color Challenge Design Team this week and play along…. click the link, add your creation… you know the drill!

Hugs,

Sharon

Stamps and Supplies used in today’s Shades Of Blue Card:

UDI79_Sharon_FIeld_shopping_list

Stamps: Natures Walk WM 121925, CM 121997

Papers:  Bashful Blue, Whisper White 100730, Night Of Navy 100867, Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Paisley Petals DSP 122367

Inks:  Always Artichoke105219, Night Of Navy 102977, River Rock 109010

Terrific Tools:  Big Shot Die Cutting Machine 113439, Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder 119976, Designer Label Punch 120907, Mat Pack 105826, Paper Piercing Tool 116631, sponge daubers 102892

Awesome Accessories:  Gold Brads 104337, Night Of Navy Narrow Grosgrain Ribbon 109036, Many Marvelous Markers 119806 

Pin It!

5 comments:

Carolstaples said...

Hi Sharon, Love the colours in this card, very calming. Brilliant to put it together in 5 minutes!Lol! Hugs, Carol S.xx

ellouise1969 said...

Gotta love that 5 min wow and wonderful card...dontcha??? Looks magical Sharon. Love the "skewed' Baja panel.

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

Catching up on my email and on my blog visits and commenting. Wow, I love that. I normally don't care much for the offset panels like this, but this one is very striking. I think it's the artichoke mat that really gives it depth and the brads sort of hold it together.

Cindy Ware said...

Love the colors and arrangement of this card!

Patrice H said...

Geeze that's a pretty card. I love the shades of blue . I too think the flower works in blue.