Monday, March 5, 2012

Hello Borderlines! CAS and Dotting Card

Today’s hand stamped card creation features the My Friend and Borderlines Stamp Sets.  The design was inspired by one of my new stamping friends from far away Germany, Jenni Paul, the hands down Queen of Clean And Simple (CAS)Design… but as I always do, I’ve added little extras to make my card my own. MyFriend_Sharon_FieldMarch_2012_Blog

The primary ink and paper colors used in today’s hand stamped card are Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush, and Pear Pizzazz.  I’ve always loved the clean and simple contrast achieved with this color palette, don’t you?my friend hello image, and borderlines complimented in pear pizzaz ink

Both “hello” and the butterfly image are from the My Friend Stamp Set.  The curvaceous script sentiment is one of my favorites to use on scrapbook pages… bold, detailed and sizeable enough to hold it’s own on a 12 x 12 page, yet small enough to use on hand made cards!The original borderlines image before dotting

OK… so here’s a twist of fun with today’s card, a technique I casually call ‘dotting’.  The image above is from the Borderlines stamp set (and yes, I need to sand the stamp a bit to get full ink coverage, lol).  widened stamped image with dotting techniqe

This image shows how I made the image cover a broader space in order to be more in scale with the sentiment!

Today’s Tips For Paper Crafters… Dotting:

  • If you have a border image that may be a little more narrow than you’d like, simply use the fine point tip of coordinating markers to add random dots to expand the image!!  Use up that white space!tips for notching designer series paper or ribbon

Today’s Tips for Paper Crafters… Notching:

  • To create an evenly spaced “v-notch” in designer series paper or ribbon embellishments, gently fold in half – not enough to crease the paper, but enough to find the middle. 
  • Place a small pencil mark on the fold along the back side of the ribbon or paper.
  • Open the paper/ribbon and use your scissors, craft scissors, or snips to cut from the outer edge/end of the paper right to the  pencil dot.
  • You can also use a square punch slightly larger than your paper strip to align a corner of the punch at the dot, and two corners at the ends of the paper… Notice I said paper?  LOL, punches don’t work too well on ribbon!bunny ear bow with notched ends lies flat on card surface

Today’s hand crafted card was topped off with a strip of Certainly Celery Taffeta Ribbon, and topped with a pretty bunny ear bow!6.step it up adding pearl jewels

The butterfly is still a bit flatter than I’d like, so one thing I’ll probably change about today’s card…  stamp an extra butterfly, fussy cut, and attach with a stampin’ dimensional over the original stamped image to give it depth.  THEN, add the pearl jewels!

Earlier, I mentioned  Jenni Paul - the hands down ABSOLUTE QUEEN of Clean and Simple(CAS) Designs!  Her cards are often CASED by stampers… you won’t want to miss this fabulous blog!  Click here to visit Pauline’s Papier Blog in Germany!

See you later today with a brand new BLOG Candy offering.. hope you’ll stop back by to say HELLO!

Tomorrow I’ll share a NEW design for the Utah Divas International Color Challenge… hope to see you join the design team!

Hugs,

Sharon

Click and visit My >>ONLINE Stampin’ Up! Store

Have exclusive products delivered right to your door!

BY_Sharon_FieldMarch_Shop_online_For_Stampin_Up_Supplies

Supplies for today’s Hello Borderlines CAS Dotting Handmade Card:

Stamps:  My Friend WM – 122585, CM – 122587; Borderlines WM - 122640, CM - 122642

Papers:  Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder 122922, Concord Crush 119792, Flirtatious Specialty Designer Series Paper 122360

Inks:  Wisteria Wonder 122936, Pear Pizzazz 119784, Concord Crush 119785

Terrific Tools:  Snips 103579, Craft Scissors 108360

Awesome Accessories:  3/8” Certainly Celery Taffeta Ribbon 119963, Basic Pearls Jewels 119247, Mini Glue Dots 103683, 2010-12 Stampin’ Write Marker Set (Pear Pizzazz is one of 6 markers) 119801

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pin It!

12 comments:

Jennifer Pauli said...

Dear Sharon,

thank you so much for your darling words! Hihi...the Queen of clean and simple cards. I feel so pleased! Whoohoo, now i have to put something really stunning into my next post, yes? The idea is there, i just have to get it done...see(read) you later!

Jenni

Kelly Wentling said...

Beautiful! Thanks for all the tips today.

Lisa808 said...

So pretty--I love Concord Crush & Wisteria Wonder together.

Victoria Stevens said...

Queen? No, I think you are! You're the one I go to case a card. You give so freely of you creative talent that you make me feel creative... that's a queen in my book. You always have the right balance to your cards and tell me how to make it mine. Thanks so very much.

Pat Myers said...

Hi Sharon! Your cards are pretty darn CAS and I continue to love seeing them each day. At your suggestion, I went onto Jenni's site and I'm sure I would love it - if I could read German!!

Sharon Field said...

Thank you so much Victoria for your sweet comment!

Sharon Field said...

Thanks, Lisa... me too!

Sharon Field said...

LOL, I just love the pretty pictures! I think there's a google translate option in the upper right corner too :)

Charlene Herter said...

I will have to give your tips a try. I always have trouble getting my notches even! Thanks for sharing.

Cindy Ware said...

I love this card! Love the colors, design, and the pearl body of the butterfly!

Kelly Griglione said...

Lovely card! For whatever reason, I never thought of doing notch cuts on PAPER like I do all the time on ribbon ... you're right, just don't fold hard enough to crease the paper. Genius! I often want a more shallow banner edge than what a square punch gives, so I will be using your tip. Thanks so much!

ellouise1969 said...

There is something magical abt purples and greens (snap...I just finished a project in the same tones this AM!!) I so appreciate all the tips you give...so that the procrastinators of the world can perhaps create more and curse less!!! TFS!!