Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Faithful Friend Is A True Treasure UDI77

I’m thinking my blog post titles are a bit boring and I should spice them up a bit… hmm.  Today’s post was originally named Lean On Me Handmade Card UDI77.  Atypical descriptor, but not too exciting, right? 

I like to give you a hint of what is going to be IN my blog posts with the title, but not really sure how that is registering with my readers.  Any suggestions?

Today’s UDI 77 color challenge had us use Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum, Concord Crush, Soft Suede, and Very Vanilla.  I’ve added Pear Pizzazz.UDI77_By_Sharon_Field Lean on Me stamp Set and Blossom Punch flower

LOVE the Lean On Me stamp set, LOL but I also love to water color with markers, water color crayons and even  the pencils/gamasol technique and many other ways as well.close up of little girl from lean on me stamp set and water color with markers

Four punches were used for today’s hand made stamped card:

  • 2-1/2” Circle Punch (120906)
  • Blossom Punch (125603)
  • Blossom Builder Petals Punch (121808)
  • Boho Blossoms  Punch (119858)

Looking for some tips for water color success?  Check out this Blog Post!

close up with texture and blossom punched flower

Three textured impressions embossing folders were used with my Big Shot Die Cutting Machine too:

  • Perfect Polka Dots (117335)
  • Square Lattice (119976)

how to achieve embossed leaves with depth

The leaf was scored using a mat pack and embossing stylus from my simply scored board by placing the punched leaf onto the foam mat, and using the stylus to score lines into the leaf.  A finger tip sponge dauber was used to add depth and dimension without adding a lot of layers to both flower and stem:

  • Old Olive classic ink to add color to the edges of both leaf and stem.
  • Melon Mambo Classic Ink to add color along the edges of the blossom punched flower.hand cut stem, sponged and added to flower

The flower stem was hand cut from a scrap, and the blush blossom satin pleated ribbon was added to the bottom and center of the handmade card by applying double sided SNAIL adhesive to the back of the ribbon and adhering directly to the card front.

Don’t you just love the pleated satin ribbon???  I sure hope it’s still available when the new Idea Book And Catalog is released in June (early this year!!)UDI77_createdbyuBlogspot

Here is the ‘inspiration’ piece for today’s color challenge.  I can hear my DD now saying “Mom, step away from the draperies…”  LOL, these colors would make a fabulous plaid, don’t you think? 

Come play along with the Utah Divas International Color Challenge Design Team this week, we’d love to see your creative projects featuring today’s challenge colors!

See you tomorrow for a new Stampin’ Queens Sketch challengeWinking smile  I’ve got one card two ways, and a second card… you be the judge!

Don’t forget to leave a comment on today’s post!! I’m giving away Blog Candy… and YOU could be a winner!  Scroll down to the last post to find out the how, what, where, and when!!

Hugs,
Sharon

Pin It!

15 comments:

Tory said...

Spring is in the Air. Just a lovely card for my best friend. Thank you for sharing your talents.

Lynn Wollenberg said...

Very pretty card!

Teri Couture said...

Wow! This is SOOOOOO pretty! I love your work!

Kelly Wentling said...

Pretty card Sharon! I love that big flower!! I think your blog post titles are just fine. Since I don't have one, I'm not much help there. Sorry.

Lorican said...

CUTE! Thank you! You get my juices flowing everyday! You are the only blog post I have found that posts every day!
toodles,
Candy

Janet said...

What a beautiful card! I love the flower and the color combination your used:-) Thanks for sharing!
Inky hugs,
Janet
janet at swofford dot com

Elaine Wheeler said...

Lovely card Sharron , love the pleated satin ribbon the flower is super and the embossing FAB.
love it.
Hugs Elaine

Susan Carlson said...

I don't mind your post titles. ....Beautiful card! Love how you used the various embossing folders, the ribbon, and your watercoloring! carlson_susan at hotmail dot com

Charlotte said...

Lovely card. Seems like today's card is all about texture. LOVE all the ways you achieved the texture - especially the way you textured your leaf. I also love the pleated ribbon (which is always so much more visually appealing - and, of course, provides even more texture than a flat ribbon), and the depth you achieved by sponging just the right amount of color. Thanks so much for sharing.
Charlotte
aar6005(at)aol(dot)com

Venicepat said...

Very nice card. Like the way the circle and flower work together. I appreciate your titles hinting at what to expect. Also thank you for sending me for tips on watercoloring - handling the brush was an eye-opener...I've always had a problem with too much water being fed through the brush. Now I have something to watch out for! Also appreciate the opportunity to win wonderful blog candy!

ellouise1969 said...

Man I hope we get that blossom punch next mini!! Sharon I love this card. I an known for not being a fan of pink....but it is balanced so v v well. Just brilliant.

D Sparks said...

Love your card. It is so springy and pretty. I am so ready for spring.
DMS

Carolyn S said...

Gorgeous colors on this card, and I love this stamp set with the little ones. I do have the punch, though. thanks for sharing.

Darlene L said...

Hi Sharon, I am such a fan of that sentiment. Lovely card. I have that ribbon and just love it. Darlene
thestampinglady at gmail dot com

Kathy Mc said...

Great job on the UDI challenge! You always combine so many neat techniques in your cardmaking. Your coloring is awesome. bdlakebum at yahoo dot com