Super Saturday Tutorial Number Two today… LOL, that doesn’t happen often!!
I was going to save this for next weekend… but thought you’d rather be able to order all the supplies at My Online Stampin’ Up! Store to have them arrive early enough so that you can sit down and make them before Easter!!
Today’s Easter Bunny Treat was a huge hit at the First Wednesday Card Club earlier this week… and it’s so easy to make, even your kids will want to help!
Supplies Needed to Make Today’s 3-D Tutorial:
Easter Bunny Treat
Card Stock: Very Vanilla 101650, Pretty In Pink #100459, Basic Black #121045
Ink: Pretty In Pink Classic Ink Pad#101310, Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker #100082, White Gel Pen #105021
Terrific Tools: 2-1/2” Circle Punch #120906, Extra-Large Oval Punch #119859, Scallop Oval Punch #119856, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (circle) #118309, Paper Snips #103579
Awesome Accessories: Pretty In Pink 1/2” Scallops Dotted Ribbon #124141 (10 yard roll), Mini Glue Dots #103683, Multipurpose Adhesive #110755, Stamping Sponges (wedge) #101610
Non-SU: York Peppermint Patty (appx. 1.5” diameter)
Card stock cutting and preparation…
For each bunny treat, you’ll need the following:
(2) Very Vanilla 2-1/2” Circle card stock Punches
(2) Very Vanilla Extra-Large Oval card stock punches
(2) Basic Black Itty Bitty Shapes circle punches
(2) Pretty In Pink Scallop Oval card stock punches
(1) Pretty In Pink Itty Bitty Shapes Circle Punch
Step By Step Assembly Instructions:
- Sponge edges of all very vanilla and pretty in pink card stock punches using pretty in pink classic ink and stamping sponge wedge.
- Use Basic Black Stampin’ Write marker and fine tip to draw mouth on bunny face, and then attach Pretty in Pink nose just above mouth.
- Use white gel pen to make a small comma on each black bunny eye, and attach to face.
- Attach each pretty in pink scallop oval punch to an extra wide very vanilla punched card stock piece using multipurpose adhesive (ears), attach to back of bunny face with multipurpose adhesive.
- Tie ribbon into a bunny ear bow, and attach to top of bunny face/head at base of ears.
- Attach a 1.5” York Peppermint Patty candy to the back of the bunny face using 2-3 mini glue dots.
- Align the second 2-1/2” very vanilla card stock circle so that it is even with the bunny face, and attach with 2-3 mini glue dots to the back of the candy.
- Use snips to create a narrow, flat edge along the bottom edge of back circle.. not too much or your bunny won’t stand up!
Today’s Tips for Paper Crafters:
- The snipped area is about 1.25” long… just barely removing a portion of the circle.
- You can get six bunny heads/ears combos from 1.5 sheets of Very Vanilla Card Stock (8.5” x 11”)
- Each bow uses approximately 9” of ribbon, one 10 yard roll of ribbon will yield 40 bows.
- Tie a perfect “bunny ear” bow simply following this tutorial for bunny ear bows!
See you tomorrow with a couple new cards I hope you’ll stop by to say hi!
All the supplies used in today’s Easter Bunny Treat Tutorial may be ordered from my online stampin’ up! store and delivered direct to your door.
A couple brief house-keeping items:
- Don’t forget to reserve your perfect die cut shim kit, contact me to arrange billing through PayPal.
- There’s still time to win this week’s very special blog candy! Read this POST for more information!