Monday, March 19, 2012

Double Loop Bow Tri Fold Faith In Nature

Daffodil Delight, Top Note Die Cut, and Faith in Nature Stamp set combined with embossing for a lovely and bright tri-fold card with bones similar to this weekend’s Super Saturday Tutorial!

The past two days posts have featured guest artists and stampers… have you enjoyed their creativity?  I know I have!!1.faith_in_nature_Fancy+Fold_double_Loop_Bow

Almost every card looks better and more complete with a pretty bow, don’t you think?2._pretty_double_Loop_Bow_With_Tails_pulled_opposite

Here I’ve added a band of Daffodil Delight Satin Ribbon, and one of my specialties… a double loop bow.  This time, I pulled the tails in opposing directions to give it a ‘different’ flair and I think It’s pretty, hope you like it too!markering the image to stamp and water coloring for shading effects

The images in the Faith in Nature stamp set all include a script background.  Wanting the background to be less dominant, the image was first inked with Sahara Sand classic ink, and then I went over the pear and stem using the brush tip of a chocolate chip marker, and the leaf with an old olive marker.  Subsequently the images were colored using an aqua brush and re-inkers.inside_flap_With+Eyelet+Border_punch

Two different textured embossing folders were used to add interest on this card:  Petals a Plenty beneath the pear image and on the second card opening/fold and perfect polka dots on the first card opening/fold.

The eyelet border punch was then used to finish off the edge of the inside fold too.

Whew, what a busy weekend we had! 

  • Saturday’s Layered card class was so much fun.. we had bbq pork sliders, fresh veggies and carrot cookies to snack and even a visit from a REAL Leprechaun!
  • My dear Uncle Jim and Aunt Sue came for a visit… just don’t see enough of them!
  • My DH and I worked together to make a couple hundred more die cut shim kits!  So they’re ready to ship now!

See you tomorrow with a new challenge from the Utah Divas International Design Team!  This will be my last month with the team… as I’ve got a very busy schedule up and coming!!

I hope you’ll stop back by and look forward to reading your wonderful sweet comments! 

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

9 comments:

Kelly Wentling said...

Beautiful Sharon!! Love your double bow with fancy tails and the wonderful texture this has. That satin ribbon is devine!

Halcris-89 said...

Sharon: I have the bow maker, but lost the directions. Can you send them to me ? Thanks.

Cheryl Algie said...

Beautiful card Sharon - love the simple yet elegant style !!!

Sharon Field said...

I tie all my bows on my fingers, click the link in the post to go to the free tutorial. I do not use or even like the bow maker, it makes bows with no tails...can't help you out on that one! Perhaps you should contact the manufacturer.

ellouise1969 said...

Not usually a yellow kinda person, but I do like this card Sharon. Real pretty.

Sharon Field said...

Me too.. lol, have a customer who LOVES yellow... ;) got to go there some times. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment!

Sharon Field said...

Thank You Cheryl... love the elegant style too!

Deb B (Debadoo) said...

This is so pretty! I love this fold. Haven't been a huge fan of this set, but you've colored it really nicely.

Patrice H said...

WOW!!!! I love this card! I smiled when I saw it!