Sunday, March 11, 2012

Continuing With A Easter Holiday Theme!

Eggs… Easter Eggs today on cards here at Created By You!  Today’s card designs are quite CAS (Clean and Simple), and go together quickly.

  When I think about the colors of Easter, I often think bright and bold, colorful like dyed eggs.  Following that theme,  here are two bold and colorful Easter Holiday cards!

This first Easter card features poppy parade, daffodil delight, and whisper white card stock…. and an Egg of course!1.EASTER_polka dot egg_SHARON_fIELD

The background whisper white card stock was embossed using the big shot die cutting machine and petals a plenty textured impressions embossing folder.2.polka_Dot_Egg_With_Rubber_Eraser_From_Your_Pencil

The egg was punched using the Extra Large Oval Punch, aka wide oval punch, and poppy parade polka dots were added to whisper white card stock using a new/clean pencil eraser… the round rubber is perfect for stamping!3._punched_Element_Accent_and_Knotted_Ribbon

A little knotted ribbon accent, tied on my fingers… and a leftover accent made from circle and boho blossom punched elements fills a void in the upper left corner.  LOL, every time I look at that flower I think fried eggs!4.Large_Scallop_Frame_Bigz_Die_For_Egg

Wanting a larger oval  for the egg on this card, I opted instead to use the Oval Scallop Frame Bigz Die to cut both designer series papers and whisper white card stock.  The card stock was then embossed using the elegant bouquet textured impressions embossing folder, and large basic pearl jewels added to the centers of each embossed flower.5.close_up_Of_Egg_With_Embossing_And_Pearl_Accents

A small stretch of grosgrain ribbon was added across the egg, and a bunny ear bow was attached using mini glue dots… pretty quick, clean and simple card.

Today is the last day to enter this week’s blog candy drawing!!  You have to be in it to win, be sure to read this post for more details!!

Perfect Die Cut Shim Kits are ready to ship!  Contact me to reserve your kit for just $7.00 plus s/h… billing is through PayPal, and kits ship internationally and within 24 hours of payment!

See you tomorrow.. I’ll be announcing the three blog candy winners and sharing a new fun card too!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

11 comments:

Carolstaples said...

Hi Sharon, Love the Easter cards. I think my fave card is the green one, as it is a very different colour to use for Easter. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Carol S.xx

Kelly Wentling said...

Very cute cards Sharon! Never thought of using the wide oval punch for an egg but it is perfect. Love the larger egg in the second card too. Thanks for linking us back to Pauline's blog a week ago or so. I've enjoyed her cas designs too.

Donna Ellis said...

Sharon, your Easter Eggs are darling! What a great take on embellishing the eggs, instead of all the other coloring techniques. I love this idea! The cards are sweet as can be

Ellen Taylor said...

fabulous easter eggs! Those pearls are terrific!! tfs

Fabiola said...

oh très chou et chic, biz

Anita A. said...

Stunning cards! What a fun idea to make the dots.

TX JennyWren said...

I LOVE these ideas of making the Easter Eggs. I especially love the last one using the oval scallop frame. So cute. TFS

Kathy Mc said...

Hmmm, why didn't I think of using my oval Nesties for Easter eggs? Thanks for another fabulous tip. The embossing really adds to the egg texture plus adding DSP really changes the look. Gotta love that poppy parade, right Sharon? Two more darling cards done by you.
bdlakebum at yahoo dot com

Barb Smith said...

I love your friendly Easter eggs!! They are so cute and inviting. The polka-dots add a great charm to them. Super idea-love it!

D Sparks said...

I love the clean and simple cards. They are so fun to demo as well as to make for myself. These are super cute.
DMS

ellouise1969 said...

I got such a giggle with the fried egg comment Sharon. LOVE the pencil eraser idea as a stamp...too clever. Great cards.