Happy Spring… it’s March 1st and we’ve got temperatures in the 80’s here in North Florida! Hope your winter isn’t lasting too long!
Clean and Simple (CAS) with a twist today, a little something extra above and beyond basic stamp and stick. Hope you enjoy today’s quick and easy, LOL EASY EVENTS card!
Today I’ll share the measurements and supply list for this CAS Easy Events card… It’s beginner friendly, quick and simple to put together too!
The background was sponged using bashful blue in, a stampin’ sponge, and a pre-punched scallop circle to create clouds.
Do you recognize this punch? It’s the frosting from the cupcake builders punch! The edges of whisper white card stock were also sponged in bashful blue ink to make it stand out. The sponged punch was then attached ‘out of the box’ style onto the card front.
The Easy Events Stamp Set is perfect for water color crayon techniques, water coloring, and of course coloring with markers. I chose to use a Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write Marker when coloring my tree foliage.
Today’s Tips for Paper Crafters:
- Use markers or an aqua painter to loosely color in the tree foliage
- Add additional depth by thumping the brush end of the marker over the top of the colored foliage… it will add depth and a fun faux texture to the tree!
Supply List & Cutting Instructions for Today’s…
Easy Events CAS Card:
Stamps: Easy Events
Whisper White Card Stock:
- 5.5” x 8.5” scored at 4.25” (card base)
- 2.5” x 2.75” to stamp Easy Events Image
- Scrap to punch ‘cloud’
Old Olive Card Stock: 2.75” x 3”
Island Indigo Patterned DSP: 3.75” x 5”
- Cupcake Builder Punch
- Stampin’ Sponge (wedge)
- Scallop Circle Punch
- Old Olive 1/8” Taffeta Ribbon: 6.5”
- Pear Pizzazz Stampin’ Write Marker
- Riding Hood Red Stampin’ Write Marker
- Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker
- Bashful Blue and Basic Black Classic Ink Pads
- Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Mini Glue Dots
- SNAIL (double sided adhesive)
Step By Step:
- Tie ribbon knot, and attach to Island Indigo Patterned DSP using mini glue dots.
- Attach DSP to card front using SNAIL adhesive.
- Ink the tree image and sentiment from the Easy Events stamp set using Basic Black Classic Ink and stamp onto the lower right corner of 2.5” x 2.75” Whisper White Card Stock.
- Color the heart, tree foliage, grass and trunk using the stampin’ write markers. Go back and thump the foliage as described earlier to give additional dimension to the tree, as described in Today’s Tips for Paper Crafters earlier in this post.
- Using a stampin’ sponge wedge and random placement, mask the whisper white background using the scallop punch and sponge bashful blue ‘clouds’ in a random pattern.
- Sponge along the edges of the whisper white card stock as well.
- Attach stamped/sponged card stock to Old Olive card stock, and then attach to the front of the card on an angle as shown.
- Punch Whisper White Card Stock scrap using cupcake builders punch to capture the cloud image.
- Sponge the edges of the “cloud” using bashful blue classic ink. Place a stampin’ dimensional on the back, and attach ‘out of the box’ style to the front of the card.
Congratulations! Your CAS Easy Events Card is complete! All the supplies used on today’s card are available in my online stampin’ up! store, where you can shop online and have your card making supplies delivered right to your door!
Don’t have a catalog? Simply click on the catalog image in my side bar or contact me to have one mailed directly to you!
I’ve got a fun and very special Easter card to share tomorrow, featuring a leggy spring chick using punches… hope you’ll stop back by to say hello!
I look forward to reading your comments!