Sunday, March 4, 2012

Apothecary Art 2 Ways… CAS, And More!

What a busy weekend!!  The weather alone was overwhelming… hope you and yours are safe and sound as storms, tornados and winds wreaked our country!! 

LOL, spent much of Saturday furniture shopping with DD, or I should say furniture ordering!!  We shopped a few weeks ago, she saved, made her decisions and today purchased a bunch of stuff.  It’s always fun spending someone else’s money, isn’t it?  Don’t let me kid you.. THAT doesn’t happen very often, but it did today!

Apothecary Art and framelits dies… WOW!!  Isn’t it about time we’ve migrated to this way of die cutting our stamped images?  LOVE both these exclusive Stampin’ Up! items… and today I’ll share TWO cards featuring the same two exclusive items:

  • Apothecary Art Stamp Set
  • Framelits Die

P1110490

Both of today’s card shares are quite CAS (Clean and Simple).  Each is quite different in it’s own special way.  I’ve chosen Soft Suede for my ink choice, as it lends a more vintage and historically soft appearance.P1110492

The delicate rose images were colored using blushing bride, pretty in pink, and pear pizzazz Stampin’ Write markers, starting with the lightest color application… working towards the darker colors.P1110496

A soft, flat for mailing stretch of knotted ribbon adorns the lower half of the Apothecary Art Stamped image… fun to do, this knot is tied on the top of a bottle neck, or like I like to tie most of my bows, on your finger tips!P1110493

Taking cues from the stamped apothecary art image, dots were placed along the outer edges of the framelits die cut stamped image using the brush tip of my stampin’ write markers.P1110498

Another, simplified version of a similar card featuring apothecary art stamp set and framelits die cuts… this one has finial press embossing, lovely brad embellishements, and chantilly lace accents.

P1110499

A bi-color design in Very Vanilla and Soft Suede, it’s a CAS design.P1110506


Didn’t like the alignment after stamping the “happiest birthday” sentiment… so implemented a very quick and easy fix and stamped a scrap of Very Vanilla Card Stock with the Apothecary Art Stamp Image, Happiest Birthday Sentiment, and then snipped around the banner image.  If you look closely at YOUR Apothecary Art Stamp Set, you’ll be able to discern the difference, small though it may be…

My image has banner curls at both top and bottom edges because I forgot to flip the image before stamping… but, It’s all good Winking smile

P1110508

LOVE the antique lace edgings currently available..  Love to use much more intricate lace designs and probably should make a trip to the local sewing center… but have you seen the price of gas lately??  Yikes!!

Stay Tuned… more coming later today if I can clean off my plate Smile  Isn’t that always the challenge?

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Fabiola said...

trop la classe! c'est d'un chic! biz

Ellen Parker said...

OMG! Both of these cards are just gorgeous! I do love that stamp and die and am dieing to order them, however, I just ordered the entire set of Tim Holtz Distress Pens so I blew my crafting budget for now :(
hugs,
Ellen

Nimuszka said...

Beautiful cards! Both are very delicate and romantic :)

ellouise1969 said...

The tornado news has ,ade it all the way down here to Aust. I hope all are OK and surviving.
I do really like these cards Sharon. The one with the lace is delish. So simple and so v v grand.