Wednesday, February 15, 2012

You’re So Sweet… Have A Seat!

Hope you had a wonderfully sweet Valentines Day and got enough chocolate to last you a while!  My DH and I always celebrate pretty low key… preferring a quiet dinner at home to a busy restaurant during a holiday event!  So, we made dinner together, and then had a quiet evening watching movies… some would find that quite boring, LOL.  He loved his special Valentine card and made all the appropriate noises, so that’s a good thing, right?

Today I’m sharing a new to me stamp set for the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge… It’s one I resisted for quite a while.  I fell in love with the deacons’ bench in the Have A Seat Stamp Set the moment I first saw it!  Actually, the different chairs reminded me of my Uncle Past (God Rest His Soul)… Uncle Pat was an Interior Decorator and his home was always filled with the prettiest hardwood furniture!  Sharon_Field_SQSC26_have_a_Seat

There are four furniture pieces in the Have A Seat stamp set… three a bow back chair, ladder chair, the deacons’ bench I already mentioned, and the chair shown above, and below.  The bottom edges of the four Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper Panels were cut with the corner of a 1” square punch… isn’t that fun?  have_a-seat-furniture_Stamp_Set_Stampin_Up

LOL.. I should know the furniture style of this chair but it seems to escape me at the moment… not the image I thought I’d use first!!  I had just received the Have A Seat stamp set with my Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator order and thought it would be perfect for today’s sketch!

The Mocha Morning Specialty Designer Series Paper and pretty Decorative Label punch seemed to compliment the hard wood chair… which was stamped in Soft Suede Classic Ink and then colored using an Aqua Painter filled with water to pull the color from the inked image edges towards the center. postage_Stamp_punch_sentiment_With_Sponging

And the postage stamp punched edges around the sentiment remind me of tongue and groove joints… keeping in the wood working theme.  Crazy how one’s mind works, isn’t it?double_loop_Bow_Tutorial_Available_Online_From_Createdbyu I couldn’t resist adding a double loop bow… and even though today’s sketch showed a single loop bow (I call them bunny ear bows)!  These bows are just so easy to make on your fingers!!SQSC26_on_Createdbyu_Blogspot

As you can see, I modified the sketch a bit to fit my chosen have a seat stamp set image… and you can too!  Simply use the sketch to design and create your own project, and then visit the Stampin’ Queens Sketch Challenge Blog to upload the URL of your creation!  You know the drill!

Have you been experiencing any difficulties using your paper doily large sizzlit die?  If so, you’ll want to be sure to read this POST!!  I spent a few hours cutting and creating more kits, and they’ll be shipping soon… be sure to reserve yours Contact ME for pricing and shipping information!

Hope you’ll be back tomorrow for some new shares!

Hugs,

Sharon

Pin It!

4 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous papers and your bow is fantastic!TFS

ellouise1969 said...

This card (for me anyhow) has a wonderful old world charm to it Sharon. I love the DSP and the bow is fab. It's funny how certain stamps/images evoke different thought/feelings and memories...isn't it??

Lisa808 said...

Sounds like a very nice way to spend Valentine's Day!

Love that bow!

Fabiola said...

oh très sympa, j'aime beaucoup, biz